How Chromatographic Techniques Work & How We Can Save You Time & Money
Here is how our HPLC machine leasing program benefits you:
- Stretching out payments over time removes the burdensome upfront cost of buying equipment
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which makes leasing even more affordable
- It is cheaper to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Our worry-free repair coverage minimizes instrument downtime
- We take care of the admin work associated with equipment sourcing and repairs
- With the cash saved through our program, companies are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Liquid chromatography (LC) is essential in many laboratories for the separation, identification, purification and quantification of various compounds in different matrices.
Components of a HPLC Machine
“Classical” LC relied on gravity to get the mobile phase and sample through the column. But as smaller particles were used to improve separation power and higher pressures were needed to create the desired flow through the column, high pressure liquid chromatography, or HPLC, was developed. Eventually, as advances in instrumentation continued and performance improved, the acronym HPLC came to stand for high performance liquid chromatography. Systems that operate at pressures up to 35,000 psi are known as medium-pressure chromatography systems, and are typically used as part of a larger laboratory workflow to separate, prepare, or quantitate samples. Pumps vary in pressure capacity, but their performance is measured on their ability to yield a consistent and reproducible flow rate. Pressure may reach as high as 60 MPa (6000 lbf/in2), or about 600 atmospheres. Modern HPLC systems have been improved to work at much higher pressures, and therefore are able to use much smaller particle sizes in the columns (<2 μm). These “Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography” systems or UHPLCs can work at up to 120 MPa (17,405 lbf/in2), or about 1200 atmospheres. The term “UPLC” is a trademark of the Waters Corporation, but is sometimes used to refer to the more general technique of UHPLC.
Every HPLC instrument has the following key components:
- Sample injector
- Column or columns
- Data handling computer
For applications that require close control of column temperature, column thermostats are usually included in the LC system. The other advantage of using a thermostat is that more reproducible chromatograms are usually obtained by maintaining column temperature. While organic-based chromatography usually involves column heating, the opposite is true for separating proteins.
There are many detectors for LC, some of which are: UV-vis, photodiode array (PDA), fluorescence, mass spectrometer (LC-MS machine), refractive index, electrochemical, and evaporative light scattering (ELSD).
Regardless of your LC configuration requirements, the Excedr lease program can accommodate your lab’s equipment needs and model preferences. Request an estimate today and see how leasing can reduce your HPLC machine price.
As for HPLC system price, simple setups with a basic detector, injector, and pump are relatively affordable. This is especially the case if you opt for HPLC over UHPLC. However if you increase the number of detection modules, add an autosampler, and upgrade to a high-pressure pump, the cost rises dramatically. By enrolling in our rental program instead of choosing to buy out right, your company can save a significant amount of time and money on a liquid chromatography machine.
A Liquid Chromatograph Lease That Suits Your Needs
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
Liquid Chromatography Manufacturers & Models on the Market
- Agilent: 1220 Infinity II, 1260 Infinity II, 1290 Infinity II
- Bio-Rad: NGC 10, NGC 100, BioLogic LP, BioLogic DuoFlow, Profinia Affinity
- Waters: Acquity UPLC, Acquity UPC2, Acquity Arc UHPLC, Alliance HPLC
- SCIEX: ExionLC AC, ExionLC AD, M3 MicroLC LC-MS, NanoLC 400, cHiPLC, CESI 8000 Plus
- PerkinElmer: Altus UPLC, Altus HPLC
- Shimadzu: Nexera MX, Nexera X2, Nexera XR, Prominence, i-Series, Prominence-i, Nexera-i, Nexera UC, Nexera SR, Nexera Quaternary, Nexera MP, Nexera Method Scouting, Prominence nano
- Teledyne:CombiFlash EZ Prep, CombiFlash Rf+, CombiFlash Rf+ Purlon, CombiFlash Rf+ Lumen, CombiFlash Rf 150, CombiFlash Torrent, ACCQPrep HP125
- Cecil: Q-Adept, Adept, Merit
- Thermo Fisher: Vanquish Horizon, Vanquish Flex Binary, Vanquish Flex Quaternary, UltiMate 3000 RS, UltiMate 3000 SD, UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano, UltiMate 3000 Basic, UltiMate 3000 Semi-Preparative
- Gilson: Preparative HPLC System, Analytical to Semi-Preparative HPLC System, Mass-Directed Compact Chromatography (PLC-MS) System, cLC System
- and more!
Whether you are looking to finance a mass spectrometer or leaseback an LC system, we can be of assistance. We want to provide you with exactly what you are looking for, so call us at (510) 982-6552 or fill out our contact form to find out how we can help.
Leasing does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Excedr’s lease program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.