How Lab Automation Works & How Leasing Saves Time & Money
Excedr’s liquid handler leasing benefits include:
- Spreading out payments over time eliminates the upfront cost of equipment purchases
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which makes our leases even more cost-effective
- Our worry-free repair coverage minimizes instrument downtime
- We streamline the admin work associated with equipment acquisition and upkeep
- With the savings of our program, clients are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Automated liquid handling systems are used within a variety of key industries, including forensics, pharmaceutical drug discovery and development, molecular biology, food and beverage, agriculture, materials science, and clinical diagnostics. Recent optimizations of liquid handling technology, often with add-on features, allow a number of different techniques to be performed in these industries.
Automation has revolutionized the speed of scientific development, providing greater reproducibility and a saving of time and laboratory resources. While every automated liquid handling experiment is unique, for example in terms of throughput, reagents, volumes, order of addition and readout, there are several features that are central to all liquid handling technologies.
Types & Benefits of Robotic Workstations
Bench-Top Semi-Automatic Pipettors
There are many bench-top semi-automated pipettors available; these offer a more efficient method to manual pipetting that can also reduce the risk of repetitive strain disorder.
Automated Pipetting & Automated Dispensers
The simplest types of liquid handlers are automated pipettes or dispensers. Automated dispensers are designed to deliver precise and measured quantities of liquid to a receptor vessel, such as a microplate. These instruments range from single-channel devices, which dispense one volume at a time, to multi-channel devices, capable of dispensing up to 1536 aliquots simultaneously.
More complex systems with built-in robotic functionality have been developed to manipulate the position of the dispensers and/or containers of liquid handling systems. It is the ability to move and carry out additional functions that differentiates these systems from automated dispensers. Robotic workstations allow for more automation than can be achieved with a static liquid handler.
Fully Integrated Workstations
Fully integrated workstations may enable the integration of additional laboratory devices, such as centrifuges, microplate readers, PCR instruments, colony pickers, heat sealers, shaking modules, barcode readers, spectrophotometric devices, storage devices and incubators. More complex liquid handling workstations can perform multiple laboratory unit operations such as sample transport, sample mixing, manipulation and incubation, as well as transporting vessels to/from other workstations.
The most common functions of integrated liquid handling workstations include nucleic acid preparation, PCR, next generation sequencing, ELISA, time resolved fluorescence, high-throughput screening, assay automation, protein crystallography, solid-phase extraction and liquid-liquid extraction.
Lease a Liquid Handler to Automate Your Processes
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
No matter what your equipment needs might be, the Excedr lease program can accommodate your end-user’s brand/model preferences. Request a lease estimate today and see how leasing can save you time and money.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
Lab Automation Manufacturers & Models on the Market
- Eppendorf: epMotion 96, epMotion 5070, epMotion 5073, epMotion 5075
- Labcyte: Echo 525, Echo 555, Echo 550, Echo 520, Access Laboratory Workstation
- Qiagen: QIAcube HT, QIAxtractor, QIAgility, QIAsymphony SP/AS, QIAxcel, QIAxpert, Rapid Capture System, Hybrid Capture 2, STAR Q Swab AS, QIAsymphony RGQ, STAR Q Punch AS, EZ1 Advanced XL, STAR Q SP/AS
- Gilson: PIPETMAX, qPCR Assistant, Normalization Assistant, GX-241, GX-271, GX-274, GX-281, 223 Sample Changer, Automated Fly Food Dispenser
- TTP Labtech: mosquito crystal, mosquito LCP, mosquito HTS, mosquito HV, mosquito X1, dragonfly crystal, dragonfly discovery
- Beckman Coulter: Biomek 4000, Biomek NXP, Biomek FXP, Biomek i5, Biomek i7
- BioTek: Precision Pipetting System, EL406, MultiFlo FX, 405 TS, 405 LS, ELx405, ELx50, MicroFill
- Tecan: Fluent, Freedom EVO, Freedom EVOlyzer, D300e Digital Dispenser, CEREX IP8, IPT Plate Transport, Ultravap Mistral, CEREX ALD III 48, CEREX ALD III 96
- Hamilton Company: Microlab NIMBUS, Microlab STAR Line, Microlab VANTAGE, NGS STAR, chemagic STAR, NIMBUS Select, Genomic STARlet, MassSTAR, Bioanalytical STARlet, easyPunch, easyBlood, ELISA NIMBUS, VeriSeq NIPT Microlab STAR, ID STARlet, ClonaCell EasyPick, AutoLys STAR, Decapping STAR, Microlab 600, Microlab 300, LabElite DeCapper
- Thermo: CV 2000, Versette, Multidrop, AutoMate Express, KingFisher Flex System, KingFisher Duo Prime
- PerkinElmer – Sciclone G3, JANUS G3, cell::explorer, Zephyer G3, Twister III, plate::handler II
- Aurora Biomed: VERSA 10, VERSA 110, VERSA 1100
- Hudson Robotics: PlateCrane, LabLinx, PA1000, SOLO, Micro10x, RapidWash, FilterPress, RapidHit Automated HitPicking System, ProLink Express, Synthetic Biology Workstation, VaryScreen
- Formulatrix: Mantis, Tempest
- Agilent: AssayMAP, Vertical Pipetting Station, PlateLoc, BenchCel, Direct Drive Robot, Microplate Labeler, Microplate Centrifuge, BenchBot Robot, Bravo NGS, NGS Workstation
- Tomtec: Quadra4, Quadra2, Quadra Tower, Quadra Wash 2, AutoSeal, Harvester 96, Autogizer, Autogizer2
- Art Robbins: Scorpion, Phoenix, Cobra, Hydra, Gryphon
- Metrohm: 846 Dosing Interface, Dosimat plus
- Analytik Jena: GeneTheatre, Cybio SELMA, Cybio FeliX, CyBio Drop
- Roche: cobas 6800, cobas 8800, cobas 4800, cobas AmpliPrep, cobas TaqMan System, MagNA Pure 96, MagNA Pure 24, cobas p 630, cobas p 480, cobas s 201
- ELITech Group: ELITe InGenius
- Abbott: ACCELERATOR p540, ACCELERATOR a3600
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Fluidigm: C1, Callisto
- Stratec: InviGenius, InviGenius PLUS
- and more!
Whether you’re looking to lease a microplate reader or leaseback an automated workstation, we can help. Call us at (510) 982-6552 or complete the contact form to the right to discuss the specifications for the equipment you would like to lease.
Leasing does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Excedr’s lease program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.