How Microplate Spectrophotometers Work & How Our Services Save You Time & Money
The benefits of Excedr microplate reader leasing include:
- Spreading out payments over time eliminates the huge upfront cost of purchasing equipment
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which provides you with additional cost-savings
- It is cheaper to lease with Excedr than it is to buy outright
- Our stress-free repair coverage reduces equipment downtime
- We handle and expedite the admin work associated with equipment sourcing and repairs
- With the cash saved through our program, businesses are better able to reinvest in their core operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Microplate readers are used to detect biological, chemical or physical events in microtiter plates via the measurement of light. Plate readers/detectors are the key workhorses in many laboratories and are extensively used for many applications across a wide range of disciplines including life sciences, basic research, target discovery, lead discovery, bioassay validation, quality control, drug safety, toxicity testing, and biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
Applications & Microplate Reader Price
Microplate spectrophotometers largely differ by the type of detection mode they offer. Common detection modes include absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence. A system may also include additional detection modules such as those for fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET), time-resolved fluorescence (TRF) , the variant TR-FRET, fluorescence polarization, bioluminescence resonance energy transfer (BRET), AlphaScreen, and nephelometry.
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Protein and Nucleic acid Quantification
- Protein Assays
- Cell Density
- Cell Viability, Proliferation and Cell Death
- Fluorescent Protein Assays
- Gene Expression
Drug Discovery Based Applications
- Live-Cell Assays
- Phenotypic Screening
- Amplified Luminescent Proximity Homogeneous Assay Screen (AlphaScreen)
- Homogeneous Time Resolved Fluorescence (HTRF)
In terms of plate reader price, it truly varies. Simpler scanners that only have one detection module are relatively affordable. If you increase the number of detection modules, the cost rises proportionally. However, technology has vastly improved over the years and there are now competitively priced multi-mode microplate readers out on the market. By enrolling in our rental program instead of choosing to buy out right, your lab can save a significant amount of time and money on a microplate scanner.
Ultimately, we are able to procure all equipment types and can accommodate any brand preferences your lab might have. Request a lease estimate today and see how leasing can reduce your microplate reader price.
Lease From a Variety of Trusted Plate Reader Brands
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
Plate Reader Manufacturers & Models on the Market
- Tecan – Infinite 200 PRO, Infinite M Nano, Infinite M Nano Plus, Infinite F Nano Plus, Infinite M Plex, Infinite F Plex, Infinite M1000 PRO, Spark, Sunrise, Infinite F50, Infinite Lumi
- BMG LABTECH – PHERAstar FSX, CLARIOstar, POLARstar Omega, LUMIstar Omega, FLUOstar Omega, SPECTROstar Omega, SPECTROstar Nano, NEPHELOstar Plus
- TTP Labtech – acumen
- BioTek – Synergy Neo2, Cytation, Synergy H1, Synergy 2, Synergy HTX, PowerWave HT, Epoch 2, FLx800, Epoch, ELx808, ELx800
- Molecular Devices – SpectraMax: iD3, i3x, M2, M2e, M3, M4, M5, M5e, MiniMax 300, Paradigm, QuickDrop, 340PC384, Plus 384, 190, and L, VersaMax, EMax Plus, Gemini EM, Gemini XPS, FlexStation 3, FilterMax F3, FilterMax F5
- Thermo Scientific – Varioskan LUX, Fluoroskan Ascent, Fluoroskan Ascent FL, Luminoskan, Multiskan FC, Multiskan GO
- Berthold Technologies – Mithras LB 940, Mithras² LB 943, TriStar² LB 942, TriStar² S LB 942, Centro XS³ LB 960, Centro LB 960, Centro PRO LB 962, Orion II, Apollo 11 LB 913
- PerkinElmer – VICTOR, EnSpire, EnSpire Alpha, EnSight, EnVision, ViewLux
- Bio-Rad – xMark, iMark, PR 3100 TSC, PW 41, EVOLIS, Model 1575 Model 680
- Promega – Quantus, GloMax: Explorer, Discover, Navigator, and 20/20
- and more!
Whether you are looking to finance a clinical chemistry analyzer or leaseback a microplate spectrophotometer, we can help. Please complete the request form to the right or call us at (510) 982-6552 to discuss your needs.
Leasing does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Excedr’s lease program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.