How Photobioreactor Work & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s fermentation products leasing program:
- Leasing eliminates the upfront cost of buying equipment by enabling you to make payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- It is cheaper to lease with Excedr than it is to buy outright
- Our comprehensive repair coverage minimizes your lab’s downtime
- We handle and streamline the admin work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance
- With the capital saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Bioreactors, or fermentors, are devices that can simulate natural biochemical setting for cell or tissue growth in microbial and or cell cultures. They provide a controlled environment where pH, temperature, oxygen levels, and moisture are all tunable. Bioreactors may also refer to biotechnology systems that maintain biologically active environments. These environments can then be used to facilitate anaerobic or aerobic chemical processes involving organisms directly or biochemically active substances from such organisms. These devices come in a range of sizes depending on their uses, from benchtop units to industrial sized systems, as well as several operation types, including:
- Batch Reactor: Refers to a system that uses a tank equipped with an agitator and a temperature control system.
- Fed-Batch Culture: Is the name given to the technique of adding substrates to the bioreactor while cultivation is occurring. Additionally all products remain within the bioreactor. Also referred to as semi-continuous.
- Continuous Reactor: A reactor where the enzymes or other reactants are added continuously and where the product comes out at a continuous rate. Also known as flow reactors
Bioreactors can be found in a wide range of fields, often being used in biotech, pharmaceutical, and chemical industry. They are critically useful for general fermentation process, biomass production, making the production of organic material such as algae, animal cells, and single cell proteins much more efficient. Another example of their use would be in the formation of metabolites like ethanol, pigments, and organic acids. In biochemical engineering, they can be used for tissue growth and have proven useful in the emerging field of 3D tissue engineering.
Bioreactor Types, Benefits, & Cost
Photobioreactors are involved in the use of light in the cultivation of phototrophic microorganisms. Examples include, but are not limited to, algae, moss, and bacteria such as cyanobacteria. Photobioreactors offer an artificial environment that encourages a much higher growth rate and offers higher purity samples than those found in nature. Though reactors can be typified as either open or closed systems, closed systems are the overwhelmingly common choice.
Continuously Stirred-Tank (CSTR)Vaccine Research
These reactors create a controlled, homogenous environment by having their contents constantly moving through the use of agitators. In addition to the normal environmental controls that bioreactors offer, CSTRs, or continuous-flow stirred tanks, also allow for the culture medium’s flow to be defined depending on the application. Common types of CSTR reactor include chemostats, turbidostats, and auxostats.
Analysis of Protein/Liposome Interactions
In drug screening and development, knowing the interaction of biologically relevant molecules and cell membranes is important. Artificial membrane systems, such as liposomes, are useful in determining these interactions due to their modularity. Their lipid composition, lipid ratio, and vesicle sizes can all be customized. BLI offers a number of important benefits to studying these interactions. The high throughput, being label-free, samples can be reused with no risk of clogging that is present in other similar techniques.
Bubble Column (BCR)
These devices utilize a cylinder of liquid (or liquid-solid suspension) and introduce gas through the bottom of the cylinder. The contents are mixed by having the gas bubble through the liquid in a process known as sparging or gas flushing. This pneumatic mixed reaction can be used in the production of enzymes and proteins, or chemical reactions such as wet oxidation.
A packed bed, in chemical processing, refers to exactly what you would expect, a hollow empty container that is filled with packing material. This methodology is used to encourage better contact between two samples in different phases. Packed bed bioreactors are tubular in form and are filled with microbial cells or immobilized enzymes as a catalyst. As the sample passes through the catalyst it reacts, causing the chemical composition of the substance to change. A major advantage of packed bed bioreactors, when compared to other types is its high conversion rate per catalyst weight.
Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
Chemical reactors that use membranes to perform their functions are usually referred to as a membrane bioreactor. They add reactants or remove products from reactions through both membrane separation and chemical conversion processes. The two types of MBRs are internal or submerged, and external or sidestream. Internal MBRs involve having the membrane installed inside the bioreactor. In external MBRs the filtration elements are found outside of the reactor.
Bioreactors are important devices with a huge range of applications in today’s market. Algae biofuel and wastewater treatment are some of the largest and most innovative applications of bioreactors, in addition to the successful use of these devices in bioengineered tissues. The applications of such tissue cultures are as interesting as they are numerous but one of the most fascinating would have to be the possibility of “growing” replacement tissues and eventually, replacement organs. Tufts University was able to partially regrow the amputated limb of a frog using a wearable bioreactor to encourage cell regeneration. The University of Texas Medical Branch is using bioreactors to try to make an artificial lung.
As useful as they are, bioreactors also represent a huge financial commitment. However you are planning to use them, your piece of equipment should benefit your laboratory and not be a financial burden. Let Excedr save you time and money with our leasing program, so you can focus on using your new device to further the amazing work you are doing.
We Offer Bioreactor Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
BIOREACTOR MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- IKA: Algaemaster 10 Control, 0020015196
- Satorius: ambr analysis module, ambr 15 cell culture, ambr 15 fermentation, ambr 250 throughput, ambr 250 throughput perfusion, ambr 250 modular, BIOSTAT A, BIOSTAT B, BIOSTAT B-DCU, BIOSTAT D-DCU, BIOSTAT Cplus, BIOSTAT STR & Flexsafe STR, BIOSTAT RM & Flexsafe RM, BIOSTAT RM TX & Flexsafe RM TX Bags, UniVessel SU, UniVessel Glass
- Bioreactor Systems: ambr 250 modular, ambr 250 high throughput perfusion, ambr 250 high throughput, ambr 15 fermentation, ambr 15 cell culture, ambr 15, BIOSTAT D-DCU
- Applikon Biotechnology: ez2-Control bundle, AppliFlex ST, AppliFlex RB, Micro-Flask, micro-Matrix, Mini Bioreactors, MiniBio 250, MiniBio 500, MiniBio 1000, iCellis Nano, PALL iCELLis, CellReady, PADmini, HyPerforma SUF, HyPerforma SUB, RAMbio, Anaerobic Fermentation Monitor, PhotoBioreactors, PhotoBio,my-Control Bundle, CellReady bundle
- Eppendorf Bioreactors: DASbox Mini System, DASGIP Parallel Systems, BioFlo 320, BioFlo 120, New Brunswick BioFlo 510, New Brunswick CelliGen 510, New Brunswick BioFlo 610, New Brunswick BioFlo Pro, DASbox Mini, DASGIP Bioblock Spinner Vessel, DASGIP Bioblock Stirrer Vessel, DASGIP Benchtop for Cell Culture, DASGIP Benchtop for Microbiology, DASGIP PhotoBioreactor, BioFlo 120 Vessels, BioFlo 320 Vessels, BioBLU c Single-Use Vessels, BioBLU f Single-Use Vessels, BioBLU Single-Use Vessel Adaptor kit
- Thermo Fisher Scientific:
HyPerforma 5:1 Single-Use, SUB00508100, SUB00508101, SUB00508102, SUB01008200, SUB01008201, SUB01008202, SUB02508300, SUB02508301, SUB02508302, SUB05008400, SUB05008401, 5:1 Single-Use, SUB10009009, SUB10009010, SUB20009009, SUB20009010
5:1 SUB Containers:
5:1 Single-Use BioProcess Container, SH3113201, SH3113801, SH3113701, SH3113301, SH3113501, SH3113601, SH3113201, SH3113301, SH3113801, SH3113701, SH3113501, SH3113601,Bioprocess Container (BPC) for HyPerforma, SH3110201, SH3110301, SH3107401, SH3107501, SH3107601, SH3107701
- GE Health Life Sciences
Xcellerex XDR-50 to 2000 Single Vessel, Xcellerex XDR-50 to 2000 Multi-Vessel, Xcellerex XDR-10 Bioreactor System Single Vessel, Xcellerex XDR-10 Bioreactor System Multi-Vessel, Xcellerex XDR-50 MO Fermentor System
ReadyToProcess Pump 25, Xuri Cell Expansion System W5, ReadyToProcess WAVE 25 Rocker, Xuri Cell Expansion System W25
- Parr Instrument Company: Series 4600 Pressure Vessel System, Series 4625 High Pressure Vessels, Series 4650 High Pressure/High Temperature Vessels, Series 4660 Pressure Vessel Systems, Series 4670 HP/HT Vessels, Series 4675 General Purpose Vessels, Series 4680 High Pressure/ High Temp. Vessels, Series 4700 General Purpose Pressure Vessels, Series 4740 High Pressure/High Temperature Pressure Vessels, Series 4750 General Purpose Vessels, Series 4760 General Purpose Pressure Vessels, Series 4790 Pressure Vessel Systems, Series 2500 Micro Batch System, Series 5000 Multiple Reactor System, Series 2500 Micro Batch System, Series 4520 Bench Top Reactors, Series 4530 Floor Stand Reactors, Series 4540 High Pressure Reactors, 4547A Fixed Head, Series 4550 Floor Stand Reactors, Series 4555 Floor Stand Reactors, Series 4570 HP/HT Reactor, Series 4580 HT Reactor, Series 4590 Micro Stirred Reactor, Series 5500 HP Compact Reactors, Parallel Reactor Systems, Three Reactor Parallel System, Four Reactor Parallel Systems, Five Reactor Parallel System, Six Reactor Parallel System with Automatic Sampling System, Twelve Reactor Parallel System, 16 Station Multiple Reactor System, Series 4600 Pressure Vessel System, Series 4625 High Pressure Vessels, Series 4650 High Pressure/High Temperature Vessels, Series 4660 Pressure Vessel Systems, Series 4670 HP/HT Vessels, Series 4675 General Purpose Vessels, Series 4680 High Pressure/ High Temp. Vessels, Series 4700 General Purpose Pressure Vessels, Series 4740 High Pressure/High Temperature Pressure Vessels, Series 4750 General Purpose Vessels, Series 4760 General Purpose Pressure Vessels, Series 4790 Pressure Vessel Systems, Series 2500 Micro Batch System, Series 5000 Multiple Reactor System, Series 4520 Bench Top Reactors, Series 4530 Floor Stand Reactors, Series 4540 High Pressure Reactors, Series 4555 Floor Stand Reactors, Series 4570 HP/HT Reactor, 4571 Movable Vessel, Series 4580 HT Reactor, 4581 Movable Vessel, Series 4590 Micro Stirred Reactor, Series 4550 Floor Stand Reactors Series 5500 HP Compact Reactors
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.