How a C-Arm Works & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s C-arm leasing program:
- Spreading out payments over time eliminates the upfront cost of equipment purchases
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- Purchasing equipment outright is often significantly more expensive than leasing through us
- Our comprehensive repair coverage minimizes your lab’s downtime
Excedr handles the admin work associated with equipment procurement and maintenance
- With the capital saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Functionally, C-arms have two main components, the generator or X-ray source, and the image intensifier or a flat-panel X-ray detector. The detector and the generator are attached to the C-shaped arm, allowing for freedom of movement horizontally, vertically, and around its axes. The X-rays are shot out of the generator towards the patient. Due to the physical qualities of X-rays, they are able to penetrate the patient’s body without any pretest preparations. After the X-rays pass through the patient’s body, the detector collects the data, translating it into a visible image that can be displayed on a monitor. The actual image is detailed enough that one can distinguish between blood vessels, bones, and implants.
C-Arm Imagers Instrumentation, Techniques, & Costs
After the X-rays pass through a patient’s body they lose some of their initial energy. Once through the body, these X-rays then hit a fluorescent surface and glow depending on how much energy they have remaining. Image intensifiers, or image intensifier tubes, are vacuum-tube based devices that increase the intensity of light in low-light systems. In C-arms, image intensifiers are placed behind the fluorescent surface and are equipped with a camera to capture the glow pattern. It should be noted that although an effective tool, due to the image intensifier’s curvature, some distortion does occur.
Flat-Panel Detectors (FPD)
A more modern device that is rapidly becoming more popular is flat-panel detectors. If we look at image intensifiers as being an analog approach, these flat-panel detectors would be a digital one. Instead of using a fluorescent surface, FPDs detect and analyze the incoming X-rays either indirectly or directly. Indirect detectors use a layer of scintillator material that converts the energy of the X-rays into light. This light passes through to a layer of silicon detectors, translating it into an image pixel by pixel. Direct FPDs use photoconductors to capture the X-ray photons directly and immediately convert them into an electric charge. This charge is then analyzed and converted into an image. By bypassing the optical conversion step FPDs are able to offer distortion-free images.
A relatively new development for C-arm imaging, 3D C-arm computed tomography (CT) uses an FDP C-arm system with 2D X-ray projections to generate 3D images similar to those in CT scans. To generate these 3D images, the C-arm performs a full sweep around the entire patient’s body gathering thousands of 2D views from all angles. The images are then used and stitched together for a 3D cone-beam reconstruction producing a 3D image. The images can also be shown as either cross-sectional images or full-volume renderings. Initially only used for neurovascular imaging, this technique is now being applied to imaging soft-tissue as well. This technique is also known as rotational angiography.
Imaging of internal organs and bone structure is vital to our medical development. Seeing what is wrong with a person without opening them up has improved our ability to treat sick people.
Since 1895 when Rontgen invented the first X-ray based technology, we have been steadily improving our ability to look into a person’s body. In 1927, the Portuguese doctor Egas Moniz invented the first angiogram using X-rays to image the vasculature of a person’s brain by using a contrast medium. By the 1950s, X-rays had become a vital part of any doctors diagnosis, however, due to their designs, they could not move. In 1955, the first C-arm was developed to solve this very issue. It offered doctors the flexibility of a much smaller movable device while also giving them the necessary X-ray capabilities that they needed.
Whatever your radiology needs, a C-arm can be a powerful tool for you. Our leasing programs at Excedr give you the ability to avoid the huge upfront cost of purchasing this important device saving you money. Included in our leases are a comprehensive repair and preventative maintenance coverage allowing you to focus more on your work.
We Offer FPD C-Arm Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
C-ARM MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Shimadzu: OPESCOPE ACTENO, Trinias C16/B12/C12/F12 unity edition, Trinias C26/C12/F12 unity smart edition, Trinias F12/C12 MiX package, Trinias B12 MiX package, BRANSIST alexa F12/C12 MiX package, Trinias B8/C8/F8 unity edition, Trinias F8/C8 MiX package, Trinias B9 MiX package
- GE Healthcare: OEC Elite CFD, OEC One, OEC Elite MiniView, OEC Elite, OEC 9900 Elite, OEC Brivo
- Philips: Azurion 3 F12, Azurion 3 F15, Azurion 7 C12, Azurion 7 F12, Azurion 7 C20, Azurion 7 F20, Azurion 7 C20 with FlexArm, Azurion 7 B12/12, Zenition 50, Zenition 70, Veradius Unity, BV Pulsera
- Canon: Alphenix Series, Infinix-i Sky+, Infinix-i Sky, Infinix-i Biplane, Infinix-i Dual plane, Infinix-i Core+
- Siemens Healthineers: Cios Spin, Cios Alpha, Cios Fusion, Cios Connect, Cios Select with FD, Cios Select, Arcadis Orbic 3D, ARTIS icono, ARTIS pheno, Artis Q, Artis Q.zen, Artis zee, Artis one
- HOLOGIC: Fluoroscan InSight Mini
- Ziehm Imaging: Vision RFD 3D, Vision RFD Hybrid Edition, Vision RFD, Solo FD, Vision R, Vision2, Solo
- Genoray: OSCAR prime, OSCAR classic, ZEN-7000, ZEN-5000, ZEN-2090 PRO
- Perlong Medical: PLX100A, PLX7000C, PLX7000B, PLX7000A, PLX112B, PLX112C, PLX112D, PLX112E, PLX118F, PLX7200
- EMD Medical Technologies
- Gemss Urocamp Medical: Spinel 12HD, Spinel 3G , KMC-650
- SkanRay: Skan-C
- Orthoscan: FD PULSE, FD-OR, MOBILE DI,
- Trivitron Healthcare: Elite, Infinity
- DMS Imaging: EVO
- MS Westfalia: ARES MR ANGIO FP, ARES MR DIM HD, ARES MR, ARES MR ANGIO, ARES MR CARDIO, ARES MR AFG, ARES MR DFG
- SternMED: Xenox C200, Xenox C100, Xenox M300CV
- Simad: Moonray 500 C, Moonray COMPACT, Moonray 500 CXL, Moonray 500 D, Moonray DUAL, Moonray PRECISIO
- Biomedical Italia: BCA-PLUS
- Intermedical: Radius DIM, Radius AFG (RTP), Radius DFG (HRP), Radius Single, Radius S/R+Dim, Radius AFG, Radius DFG, Radius XP, Radius XP 30, Radius XP 30-Model with Flat Panel, Radius XP- Model with Flat panel, Radius NP100 Cardio, Radius XP100 Cardio – Model with flat panel, Radius XP100 Cardio – Floor Based, Radius XP100 Cardio – Floor based – Model with flat panel
- Applicazione Tecnologie Speciali Srl: ARCO FP, ARCO 140-66, ARCO Rk15-i
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.