How Centrifugation Works & How We Save You Time & Money
Excedr’s centrifuge leasing program provides you with the following advantages:
- Leasing eliminates the upfront price tag of buying equipment and allows you to make payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you additional savings
- We minimize instrument downtime with our complete repair coverage
- Excedr takes care of the admin work associated with equipment procurement and upkeep
- With the cash saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
A centrifuge is an instrument that puts an object in rotation around a fixed axis, applying a potentially strong force perpendicular to the axis of spin. Centrifuges utilize the sedimentation principle, where the centripetal acceleration causes denser substances and particles to move outward in the radial direction. Simultaneously, objects that are less dense are displaced and move to the center. In a laboratory centrifuge that uses sample tubes, the radial acceleration causes denser particles to settle to the bottom of the tube, while low-density substances rise upwards.
There are three types of centrifuges designed for various applications. Industrial scale centrifuges are commonly used in manufacturing and waste processing to sediment suspended solids, or to separate immiscible liquids. Very high speed centrifuges and ultracentrifuges able to provide very high accelerations can separate fine particles down to the nano-scale, and molecules of different masses. Gas centrifuges are used for isotope separation.
Types & Applications
A centrifuge can be described as a machine with a rapidly rotating container that applies centrifugal force to its contents. There are multiple types of centrifuge, which can be classified by intended use or by rotor design:
Types by rotor design:
- Fixed-angle centrifuges are designed to hold the sample containers at a constant angle relative to the central axis
- Swinging head (or swinging bucket) centrifuges, in contrast to fixed-angle centrifuges, have a hinge where the sample containers are attached to the central rotor. This allows all of the samples to swing outwards as the centrifuge is spun
- Continuous tubular centrifuges do not have individual sample vessels and are used for high volume applications
Types by intended use:
- Laboratory centrifuges, are general-purpose instruments of several types with distinct, but overlapping, capabilities. These include clinical centrifuges, superspeed centrifuges and preparative ultracentrifuges
- Analytical ultracentrifuges are designed to perform sedimentation analysis of macromolecules using the principles devised by Theodor Svedberg
- Haematocrit centrifuges are used to measure the volume percentage of red blood cells in whole blood
- Gas centrifuges, including Zippe-type centrifuges, for isotopic separations in the gas phase
A wide variety of laboratory-scale centrifuges are used in chemistry, biology, biochemistry and clinical medicine for isolating and separating suspensions and immiscible liquids. They vary widely in speed, capacity, temperature control, and other characteristics.
Laboratory centrifuges often can accept a range of different fixed-angle and swinging bucket rotors able to carry different numbers of centrifuge tubes and rated for specific maximum speeds. Controls vary from simple electrical timers to programmable models able to control acceleration and deceleration rates, running speeds, and temperature regimes.
Ultracentrifuges spin the rotors under vacuum, eliminating air resistance and enabling exact temperature control. Zonal rotors and continuous flow systems are capable of handing bulk and larger sample volumes, respectively, in a laboratory-scale instrument.
Types of lab centrifugation:
- Differential centrifugation, often used to separate certain organelles from whole cells for further analysis of specific parts of cells
- Isopycnic centrifugation, often used to isolate nucleic acids such as DNA
- Sucrose gradient centrifugation, often used to purify enveloped viruses and ribosomes, and also to separate cell organelles from crude cellular extracts
Types of laboratory centrifuges:
- Microcentrifuges – devices for small tubes from 0.2 ml to 2.0 ml (micro tubes), up to 96 well-plates, compact design, small footprint; up to 30,000 g)
- Clinical centrifuges – moderate-speed devices used for clinical applications like blood collection tubes
- Multipurpose high speed centrifuges – devices for a broad range of tube sizes, high variability, big footprint
- Ultracentrifuges – analytical and preparative models
Because of the heat generated by air friction (even in ultracentrifuges, where the rotor operates in a good vacuum), and the frequent necessity of maintaining samples at a given temperature, many types of laboratory centrifuges are refrigerated and temperature controlled.
A Wide Range of Centrifuge Leases to Fit Your Needs
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
Centrifuge Manufacturers & Models on the Market
Clinical Centrifuges: StatSpin VT, SSVT-1- StatSpin VT, StatSpin Express 2, SSX2 StatSpin Express 2, StatSpin Express 3, SSX3, StatSpin Express 4, SSH4, StatSpin Cytofuge 2 Cytocentrifuge, CF02, StatSpin MP, SSMP, StatSpin CritSpin Digital Reader, CSD2, RH12
UltraCentrifuges: Optima XPN Series, Optima XPN 100K, Optima XPN-80, Optima XPN-80-IVD, Optima XPN-90-IVD, Optima XPN-100-IVD, Optima XPN-80-IVD (Biosafe), Optima XPN-90-IVD (Biosafe), Optima XPN-100-IVD (Biosafe), Optima XE Series, Optima XE-90, Optima XE-100, Optima XE-90-IVD, Optima XE-100-IVD, Optima XE-90-IVD (Biosafe), Optima MAX-XP, Optima MAX-XP Tabletop Ultracentrifuge, Optima MAX-XP (Biosafe), Optima MAX-TL, Optima MAX-TL (Biosafe), Airfuge Air-Driven Series, Airfuge W/DIGITAL TACH (220V 50Hz), Airfuge W/DIGITAL TACH (120V 60Hz), Airfuge (220V 50Hz), Airfuge Air-Driven (120V 60Hz)
High-Speed Centrifuges: Avanti J-15, Avanti J-15R, Avanti JXN-30 Series, Avanti JXN-30 Three-Phase, Avanti JXN-30 IVD, Avanti JXN-30 Three-Phase, Avanti JXN-26 Series, Avanti JXN-26, Avanti JXN-26 Three-Phase, Avanti JXN-26 Three-Phase IVD, Avanti JXN-26 with HEPA Filter, Avanti JXN-26 IVD, Avanti J-E, Avanti J-HC, Avanti J-HC Three-Phase, Avanti J6-MI, Avanti J-26S Series, Avanti J-26S XP Non-IVD, Avanti J-26S XPI Three Phase Non-IVD, Avanti J-26S XP Non-IVD with Elutriation, Avanti J-26S XP Three-Phase Non-IVD with Elutriation, Avanti J-26S XPI Non-IVD with Elutriation, Avanti J-26S XP Biosafe, Avanti J-26S XP Biosafe Non-IVD, Avanti J-26S XP Biosafe Three-Phase Non-IVD, Avanti J-26S XPI Biosafe Non-IVD, Avanti J-26S XPI Biosafe Three-Phase Non-IVD, Avanti J-26XP Series, Avanti J-26XP Biosafe, Avanti J-26XP Biosafe Three-Phase, Avanti J-26XP with Elutriation, Avanti J-26XP, Avanti J-26XP Three-Phase with Elutriation, Avanti J-26XP Three-Phase, Avanti J-26XPI Biosafe, Avanti J-26XPI Biosafe Three-Phase, Avanti J-26XPI with Elutriation, Avanti J-26XPI, Avanti J-26XPI Three-Phase with Elutriation, Avanti J-26XPI Three-Phase, Avanti J-30I, Avanti J-30I with Elutriation, Avanti J-30I with Elutriation 3-Phase, Avanti J-30I Biosafe, Avanti J-15R, Avanti J-15R IVD, Avanti J-15R Non-IVD, Avanti J-15R Fixed-Angle Package
Analytical Ultracentrifuges (AUC): Optima AUC, Optima AUC Absorbance, Optima AUC-Absorbance Interference, Optima AUC-Absorbance/Interference Bundle with An-60 Ti Rotor, ProteomeLab XL-A/XL-I, ProteomeLab XL-A/XL-I Protein Characterization System with An-50 Ti rotor
The Excedr lease program is able to source most instrument types and can accommodate any brand preferences your end-user might have. Request an estimate today and see how leasing can discount your centrifuge price.
Benchtop Centrifuges: Allegra 25R, Allegra X-30 Clinical IVD, Allegra X-30R IVD, Allegra X-30R IVD with CCC plug, Avanti J-15 Non-IVD, Avanti J-15 IVD, Allegra X-5 IVD, Allegra X-5 Clinical Sample Preparation, Allegra X-5 Clinical Sample Prep Package, Allegra X-5 Clinical Sample Prep Package w/ CCC plug, Microfuge 20, Microfuge 20 IVD, Microfuge 20 with FA241.5P, Microfuge 20 with FA241.5P IVD, Microfuge 20 with FA361.5 IVD, Microfuge 20 w/CCC plug with FA241.5P, Microfuge 20 w/CCC plug with FA241.5P IVD, Microfuge 16, Microfuge 16 bundled with FX241.5P, Microfuge 16 Ambient with FX241.5P, Microfuge 16 Non-Refrigerated, Allegra X-15 Constant Temperature, Allegra X-15 Blood Sample Prep, Allegra X-15 Aerosolve, Allegra X-15 Aerosolve ARIES, Allegra X-15 Blood Sample Prep ARIES, Allegra X-15 Cell Culture, Allegra X-15 Cell Culture ARIES, Allegra X-15 Cell Culture with SW24750 Rotor, Allegra X-14R Aerosolve, Allegra X-14R Aerosolve ARIES, Allegra X-14R Blood Sample Prep, Allegra X-14R Blood Sample Prep ARIES, Allegra X-14R Cell Culture, Allegra X-14R Cell Culture ARIES, Allegra X-14R Cell Culture with Standard SX4750 Rotor, Allegra X-14R, Allegra X-12R, Allegra X-12R Package w/SX4750, Allegra X-12R Package w/SX4750 ARIES, Allegra X-12R Aerosolve, Allegra X-12R Aerosolve ARIES, Allegra X-12R Blood Sample Prep, Allegra X-12R Blood Sample Prep ARIES, Allegra X-12R Cell Culture, Allegra X-12R Cell Culture ARIES, Allegra X-12R Refrigerated, Allegra 6, Allegra 6 Non-Refrigerated, Allegra 6R Refrigerated, Allegra 6KR Kneewell Centrifuge
- Centurion Scientific Limited
Clinical Centrifuges: PrO-Hospital range, PrO-Hospital Easy Range, PrO-Hospital.E1, PrO-Hospital.E2, PrO-Hospital.E12S, PrO-Hospital.E3, PrO-Hospital.E4, PrO-Hospital.E34S, PrO-Hospital.E5, PrO-Hospital.Multi.S, PrO-Hospital.Multi.M, PrO-Hospital.ECyt, HL2, HL2R, HL3, HL3R, HL4, HL4, HL4FS, HL4FSR, 0.25lSerum SO, Serum FA, Serum HC, Serum MC, 0.5 Litre GP4, GP6, 1 litre MGP4, MGP6,PrO-CW, PrO-Cyto, PrO-PRP, PrO-PRPS, PrO-PRPM, PrO-PRPL
Analytical Range: PrO-Analytical, C1006, C1015, C1015R, CR6000, CR6000R, CR7000, CR7000R, CR9000, CR9000R, CR9FS, CR9FSR, PrO-OilTest BE, PrO-OilTest BET, PrO-OilTest FSE, PrO-OilTest BSE, PrO-RoadRTL5, PrO-RoadRTL5R, PrO-RoadRTL7
Research Centrifuge Range: Pro-Research, K1006, K1015, K1015R, KGPlus, K2015, K2015R, K241, K241R, K242, K242R, K243, K243R, K244, K244R, K244R, K244FS, K244FSR, PrO-Ed, PrO-EDB, PrO-EDS, PrO-ED, PrO-EDM, PrO-PRPL, PrO-Xtract, PrO-Xtract3, PrO-Xtract3R, PrO-XtractGFS3R, PrO-Xtract5, PrO-Xtract5R
Veterinary Centrifuges: Pro-Vet HE, PrO-VET SO, PrO-VET PCVs, PrO-VET Serum.FA8, PrO-VET Serum.FA4, PrO-VET Serum.S, PrO-VET.Multi, PrO-VET.Equine.SO, PrO-VET.Equine
- Eppendorf: MiniSpin, MiniSpin plus, 5418 R, 5424 R, 5425, 5427 R, 5430, 5430 R, 5702, 5702 R, 5702 RH, 5804, 5804 R, 5810, 5810 R, 5910 R, 5920 R, Vacufuge plus
- Thermo Fisher: Sorvall Legend Micro 17, Sorvall Legend Micro 21, Sorvall Legend Micro 17R, Sorvall Legend Micro 21R, mySPIN 6, mySPIN 12, MicroCL 21, Heraeus Pico 21, MicroCL 21R, Heraeus Fresco 21, MicroCL 17, Heraeus Pico 17, MicroCL 17R, Heraeus Fresco 17R, Sorvall ST 8, Heraeus Megafuge 8, Thermo Scientific SL 8, Sorvall ST 16, Heraeus Megafuge 16, Thermo Scientific SL 16, Sorvall ST 40, Heraeus Megafuge 40, Thermo Scientific SL 40, Sorvall Stratos, Sorvall Legend X1, Heraeus Multifuge X1, Sorvall Legend XT/XF, Heraeus Multifuge X3/X3F, Sorvall LYNX 4000, Sorvall LYNX 6000, Sorvall WX 80+ Ultracentrifuge, Sorvall WX 90+ Ultracentrifuge, Sorvall WX 100+ Ultracentrifuge, Sorvall MTX 150 Bench Micro-Ultracentrifuge, Sorvall MX 150 Plus Floor Micro-Ultracentrifuge, Sorvall MX 120 Plus Floor Micro-Ultracentrifuge, Sorvall BP 8, Sorvall BP 16, Sorvall RC-4, Sorvall BIOS 16, Sorvall BIOS A, Heraeus Cryofuge 8, Heraeus Cryofuge 16, Heraeus Cryofuge 5500i
- Hettich: EBA 200, EBA 200 S, EBA 270, EBA 280, EBA 280 S, Haematokrit 200, Mikro 185, Mikro 200, Mikro 220, Rotofix 32 A, Universal 320, Rotina 380, Rotina 420, Rotanta 460, Rotofix 46, Rotanta 460 RC, Rotanta 460 RF, Rotixa 500 RS, Roto Silenta 630 RS, Rotina 380 Robotic, Mikro 220 Robotic, Rotanta 460 Robotic, Zentrimix 380 R
- MSE (Measuring and Scientific Equipment): Harrier R, Fixed & Fast MicroCentaur R, Kestrel, MicroCentaur +, Microplate Hawk R, Swing out Hawk R, Fixed & Fast Hawk R, Microplate Hawk, Swing Out Hawk, Fixed & Fast Hawk, Swing Out Harrier R, Fixed & Fast Harrier R, Swing Out Harrier R, Fixed & Fast Harrier R, Microplate Harrier R, Microplate Harrier, Swing Out Harrier, Fixed & Fast Harrier, MicroCentaur R Package, Hawk Package, Harrier Package, Hawk, Hawk R, MicroCentaur R, Harrier, TUV
- Sartorius: Centristart A-14, Centristart A14C,Centristart G-16,Centristart G-16C,Centristart G-26C, BIOSAFE
- Cole Parmer: FS-3400, VS-4000, EW-83058-00, EW-83058-02, EW-83058-42, Mini Microcentrifuge, EW-17310-00, EW-17310-07, EW-17310-08, EW-17310-10, EW-17310-15, MS-3400, EW-17250-10, Argos Technology Flexifuge, MP Series Multipurpose, Argos Technologies Flexifuge Microcentrifuges, EW-22999-50 , EW-22999-51 , EW-22999-52 , Porta FS-3500, MPR Series Multipurpose Refrigerated, VS3400 Variable Speed Small Benchtop, VS-13000 Variable-Speed Microcentrifuges, C2000 Microplate Centrifuge, EW-04303-23, High-Speed Microcentrifuge, EW-17710-11, EW-17710-12, C1612 High-Speed Microcentrifuge, C1612-E High-Speed Microcentrifuge, Raven Environmental F-10300-REDESIGNED, EW-05477-10, Raven Environmental F-10300-230, EW-05477-15, C1008-B Microcentrifuge, EW-17701-11, C1008-B-E Microcentrifuge, EW-17701-12, Western States 072755 laboratory Filtering, EW-17400-70, UPI CP-ICH22 Digital Fixed Speed, EW-83058-22, RevSpin Multi-Speed Digital Microcentrifuge, RS-200, EW-39065-05, Stuart SCF3 Microcentrifuge, EW-85230-00, L-K Industries TRANS-12/B2, L-K Industries TRANS-12/B4, L-K Industries TRANS-12/D2
- Drucker Diagnostics: DASH Series, DASH Apex 6, DASH Apex 12, DASH Flex 12, DASH Apex 24, Horizon Series, HORIZON 6 FA, HORIZON 6, HORIZON 12, HORIZON 24, HORIZON 6 Flex FA, HORIZON 6 Flex, HORIZON 12 Flex, HORIZON 24 Flex, 600/Collection Site Series, 614B, 642B, 642E, 12V Mobile Phlebotomy, 642M
- NuAire: NU-6200R, NU-C300V, NU-C300R, NU-C300FR, NU-C200V, Breeze NU-C2500V, himac CP100WX, himac CP90WX, himac CR22N, himac CS120FNX, himac CS150FNX, himac CS150NX, NU-MLX-104, NU-MLX-106, NU-MLX-106, NU-MLX-110
- Nickel-Electro: NE 000GT/I, NE 000GT/M, NE000GT/R, NE 010G Clifton Targa, NE 030GTI, NE030 Clifton Digital, NE040 Clifton
- LabNet: Prism Mini, C180, C180-230V-EU, C1801-230V-UK, MPS 1000 Mini Plate Spinner, C1000, C1601, C1601-B, C1601-P, C1601-R, C1601-G, Spectrafuge, C1301, C1301-230V, Slide Spinner, C1303-T, C1303-T-230V, C1303-T-230V-EU, C1303-T-230V-UK, Prism, Prism R, C2500, C2500-230V, C2500-PP, C2500-R, C2500-R-230V, Spectrafuge 24D, C2400, Spectrafuge 16M, C0160, C0160-230V, Spectrafuge 6C, C0336, C0336R, Hermle Z446, C0446, Z326, C0326, C326-230v
- L-K Industries: Transport Series, TRANS-7100, TRANS-9100, TRANS 3100, Benchmark C Model C, LB14, Benchmark S, LBS-120, LBS-220, Melton MEL, Mini-Melton
- Koehler Instruments: K60002, K60092, K60002-ST, K60092-ST, K60002-PT, K60092-PT, K60002-FT, K60092-FT, K60094, K60005, K60095, K60005-FT, K60095-FT, K60095-FT8, K60005-FT8, K60006, K60096, K60006-FT, K60096-FT, KC3010, KC3019, KC3020, KC3029, KC3030, KC3039, KC3040, KC3049, KC3050, KC3059, KC3060, KC3069, KC3060-R, KC3068-C, KC3069-R, KC3070, KC3079, KC3078-R, KC3079-R, KC3070-R, KC3080, KC3089, KC3080-R, KC3088-R, KC3089-R, KC3090, KC3099, KC3090-R, KC3098-R, KC3099-R, KC4010 ASTM, KC4019 ASTM, KC4020 ASTM, KC4029 ASTM, KC4030 ASTM, KC4039 ASTM, KC4040 ASTM, KC4049 ASTM, KC2010, KC2019, KC2020, KC2020-R, KC2028-R, KC2029, KC2029-R, KC2030, KC2039, KC2030-R, KC2038-R, KC2040, KC2049, KC3069-R, KC2040-R, KC2049-R, KC2050, KC2059, KC2050-R, KC2059-R, KC2060, KC2069, KC2070, KC2079, KC2070-R, KC2078-R
- Labconco: CentriVap, Acid-Resistant CentriVap
- IKA: IKA mini G, IKA G-L
- Benchmark Scientific: myFuge Mini, C1008, myFuge 12 Mini, C1012, PlateFuge Microcentrifuge, C2000, MC-12 High Speed Microcentrifuge, C1612, MC-24 Touch Microcentrifuge, C2417, StripSpin 12 Microcentrifuge, C1248, myFuge 5, C1005, LC-7, C3100, C3200
- Hermle Benchmark: Z207-M, Z216-M Microcentrifuge, Z216-MK Refrigerated Microcentrifuge, Z206-A, Z306, ZZ326 Series, Z326, Z326-K, Z366 Series, Z366, Z366-K, Z446 Series, Z446, Z446-K, Z496-K, Z496-K-UC, Z032-HK, Z036-HK
- Corning: LSE Compact, 6755, 6756, LSE High Speed Microcentrifuge, 6765-HS, 6766-HS, 6767-HS, 6768-HS, LSE Mini Microcentrifuge, 6765, 6766, 6767, 6770
- Axygen: Axyspin Mini Plate Spinner, PLATESPINNER-120, PLATESPINNER-230EU, Axyspin Refrigerated Microcentrifuge, 601-05-021, 601-05-031, MiniPlate Spinner, PLATESPINNER-230AU
- and more!
Regardless if you’re looking to lease a lab balance or leaseback an ultracentrifuge, we can help. Call us at (510) 982-6552 or fill out the contact form below to discuss your equipment needs.
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.