How Tissue Sectioning Instruments Work & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s cryostat leasing program:
- When you lease, you eliminate the upfront cost of buying equipment and instead have more manageable payments over time.
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which can lead to significant cash-savings.
- Purchase equipment outright is more expensive than our leasing.
- We offer comprehensive repair coverage, minimizing your lab’s downtime.
- We deal with all the administrative work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance.
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.).
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Regardless of type, the Excedr lease program is able to source all instrument types and can accommodate any model preferences you might have. Request an estimate today and see how leasing can discount your cryostat device’s price.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
A cryostat is a device used in a wide variety of labs that maintains low cryogenic temperatures for devices, samples, and slides kept within it. The method in which the low temperature inside the device is maintained can vary depending upon the make and model but often is done using a cryogenic fluid bath using liquid helium. This machine is tremendously helpful to many working within the science, engineering, and medicine fields, and doubly so for individuals performing tissue preparation in histology and pathology labs.
Cutting histological slides is the main function for a cryostat in the medical field. The device is used as a microtome, a tool used to slice samples extremely thinly, while also keeping the temperature at an exact level. Often appearing similar to an upright freezer, the machine is capable of having its temperature dialed-in to the specific point that the tissue requires, generally somewhere between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius.
The sectioned tissue can be as thin as 1 micrometer, as the micrometer’s cutting is extremely precise. This tissue is then mounted to a slide within the device and dried and stained as needed. While the utility the machine offers can seem simple, the convenience that it adds is undeniable. Many variations of the cryostat exist, and are as follows:
Types, Benefits, & Cryostat Machine Cost
The bath style is often similarly designed to vacuum flasks that utilize liquid helium. This includes having a coldplate place in contact with the bath of liquid helium. The helium is replaced as it dissipates, this rate of boil off is determined by the size, style, frequency of use and other factors. The rapidity of the helium dissipating can be mitigated with the addition of vacuum shielding, or the device having super-insulated walls. Most modern iterations are designed to include the super insulator materials as they are the most effective.
The continuous-flow models are cooled with liquid cryogens, almost exclusively liquid nitrogen or helium, from a storage dewar. Where the bath version has to manually refill the helium that dissipates, the boiled off cryogen is continually replenished in a steady flow from the dewar. The temperature controls of this type are done by controlling the rate at which the cryogen flows in addition to a heating wire that is part of a temperature control loop.
A closed-cycle type is differentiated by having a chamber through which cold helium vapor is pumped. This is attached to an external refrigerator that works to extract the warmed helium exhaust vapor, and then cools and recycles it. This type consumes a large amount of electricity to operate but never needs to be refilled with helium.
Sometimes it is necessary to have the cryostat be colder than liquid helium can accommodate. This is done by adding additional cooler stages to the device, often a 1-K pot which allow the temperature to get as low as 1K. The only way to get below 1K with this device is to use magnetic refrigeration, which can be accomplished by adding another stage as well.
Biological Microtome Cryostats
These devices offer a wide variety of application and come in many different types. Most of their applications boil-down to two different types of users: clinicians and researchers.
- Clinical: If a surgeon needs a rapid intraoperative consultation, a cryostat can help get the immediate results needed by quickly, safely, and reliably slicing samples.
- Research: Delaying critical research eventually hurts your bottom line. The utility and speed that a trusted cryostat can bring allow you to section more tissue and thus analyze more specimens in a single day.
Whatever type, make, or brand you need we can lease it to you. Your laboratory deserves the best devices for the research that needs to get done, and you deserve to save time and money. Don’t waste your money buying outright when enrolling in our rental program can save your budget.
We Offer Cryomicrotomes Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
CRYOSTAT MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Leica Biosystems: CM3050 S, CM1950, CM1860, CM1860 U, CM1520, CM3600 XP, AgProtect, CryoZone
- Thermo Fisher: HM525 NX, HM525 NX UV, HN520, HM550, CryoStar NX50, CryoStar NX70
- Hacker Instruments & Industries: Bright OTF5000 Microtome Cryostat, Bright 2212, Bright 8250, Bright 9400, H/I Cryo-Histomat MK-2, H/I Freezing Microtome, Clinicut
- Bright Instruments: Starlet 2212 Cyostat
- Tanner Scientific: Semi Automatic Cryostat, TNR TN50, TN50, TN2085, TN9000
- Sakura: Tissue-Tek Cryo3 Flex Cryostat
- Alltion: YD1900
- SLEE Medical: MNT and MEV
- Histo-Line Laboratories: MC5050, MC4000, MC5000, MC3000
- MEDITE Cancer Diagnostic: M630
- Amos Scientific: AST 550 and AST 500
- SCILAB: Cool-Cut Automatic and Cool-Cut Semiautomatic
- Lupetec Technologia Aplicado: CM2850
- SM Scientific Instruments: Microtome SMI-3010
- MediMeas: MCM-MT, MCM-ST, MCM-AT
- Taiva: TL-820B, TL-820A, TL-820C, TL-820C/D
- Lab-Kits, Lab instruments & Facilities: SF-2950, SF-2850
- and more!