How IR Spectrometers Work & How We Save You Time & Money
Excedr’s infrared spectrometer leasing program has numerous advantages:
- Eliminate the upfront cost of buying equipment by leasing and enjoy the benefits of having manageable payments over time instead
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which can lead to significant cash-savings
- Purchasing equipment outright can be significantly more expensive than leasing through us
- Our comprehensive repair coverage keeps your lab’s downtime to a minimum
- The administrative work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance is completed by us
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
This method relies on the fact that molecules absorb frequencies in a way that is characteristic of their unique structures. This is the resonant frequencies of each chemical, and the absorbed radiation matches the vibrational frequency. This occurs because the energies are affected by the masses of the atoms, the unique shapes of the molecular potential energy surfaces, and the vibronic coupling.
For a sample to be considered IR active, it needs to be able to experience changes in the dipole moment. This refers to vibrational modes, which are a measure of vibrational freedom that varies with the number of atoms and whether the structure in linear or nonlinear.
While this can sound somewhat complicated, the practical uses for IR spectroscopy are many and can be of immense help to those who work in laboratories. There are many analytical uses for infrared spectroscopy, and a few of them are as follows:
Uses, Benefits, & FTIR Spectrometer Device Cost
Organic & Inorganic Chemistry
IR spectroscopy offers techniques that are simple and reliable for inorganic and organic chemistry application, whether they are research oriented or industrially related. Everything from monitoring applications, dynamic measurements, and even quality control can benefit from the use of this technique.
Forensic analysis also makes use of this technique in both criminal and civil cases. Polymer degradation is a common application in this field and is often used when determining the blood alcohol content of people suspected of driving while drunk.
While not always a common usage, this technique has been used to identify and analyze specific pigments in a variety of art history related objects including painting, illuminated manuscripts and more.
Quantifying polymer degradation is also applicable in a manufacturing setting. This is used to determine the degree of polymerization in polymer manufacturing. By measuring the bond at a specific frequency over a period of time changes becoming more easily apparent, making the observations of chemical reaction more expedient and accurate.
Microelectronics, specifically semiconductor microelectronics can utilize this technique to analyze semiconductors such as silicon, gallium nitride, zinc selenide, gallium arsenide, amorphous silicon, silicon nitride, and other materials.
As of 2014, even NASA utilizes IR spectroscopy to track polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the universe. PAHs may be related to more than 20% of all the carbon in the universe and could be the basis for the formation of life after the Big Bang.
IR Spectrometer Instruments
Both IR and FTIR spectrometers are extremely useful but it isn’t always intuitive to understand how they work practically speaking. Understanding these methods can help you maximize your use of the instruments. There are three main things you should know:
- FTIR: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy is a specific measurement technique allowing one to record infrared spectra. This is completed by guiding the light through the sample and then through an interferometer. The signal is read and notated to the interferogram, where the data is then processed using the Fourier transform method turning it from raw data into the end result, light as a function of IR wavelength.
- Sample Preparation: Preparing samples is dependent on the state that it is in. Gaseous samples are often placed in test tubes with transparent windows. Liquid samples are placed between two plates of a salt, often sodium chloride. Solid samples have more options, sometimes being crushed into an oily mulling agent, other times being ground with a sample of purified salt, and occasionally dissolving the sample into a solvent and then evaporating it.
- Reference Comparison: When performing this technique it is normal to record the spectrum of the sample as well as a reference. This helps control for a number of variables, especially instrument influence.
Whatever type, make, or brand you need we can lease it to you. Your laboratory deserves the best devices for the research that needs to get done, and you deserve to save time and money. Don’t waste your money buying outright when enrolling in our rental program can save you money.
We Offer Vibrational Spectroscopy System Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
INFRARED SPECTROMETER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Shimadzu: IRSpirit Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrophotometer, IRTracer-100 FTIR Spectrophotometer, IRAffinity-1S
- Thermo Fisher: GC-IR Interface Nicolet FTIR Spectrometers, Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer, Nicolet iS10 FT-IR Spectrometer, Nicolet iS20, Nicolet iS50 GC-IR Interfrace Module Right, Nicolet iS50R Research FTIR Spectrometer, Nicolet iG50, Affirma In-service Lubricant Analysis System
- Agilent: Cary 630 FTIR Spectrometer, Cary 660, Cary 670, Cary 680, 4300 Handheld FTIR, 4500 Series portable FTIR, 4500 Dialpath, 4500t, 4500a, 5500 Series Compact FTIR, 5500 Dialpath, 5500t, 5500a, 4200 FlexScan Series, 4100 ExoScan Series, Cary 610, Cary 620
- Perkin Elmer: L1862105, L1862151, Frontier Optica, L1280032,Spectrum Two FT-IR Spectrometer, L160000A, L160000F, Frontier Biodiesel FAME Analyzer, L125000P, Frontier MIR Spectrometer, L1280002, Spectrum Two IR Biodiesel Analysis System, L16000R, L160000S, Spectrum Two Pharmaceutical System, L160000T, Spectrum Two Educational System, L160000U, Spectrum Two In-Service Lubricant Analysis System, L160000Q
- Newport Corporation: Oriel MIR8035 FT-IR Spectrometer Scanners, 80350, 80351
- Bruker: INVENIO R, VERTEX Series, VERTEX 70v, VERTEX 80, VERTEX 80v, IFS 125HR FTIR Spectrometer, MATRIX-MF FTIR Spectrometer, IRcube FTIR OEM Spectrometer, ALPHA II, TENSOR II, CryoSAS, SiBrickScan (SBS) Silicon Ingot Analyzer, CONFOCHECK, TANDEM, LUMOS FTIR Microscope, AquaSpec Transmission Cell, PMA 50, TG-FTIR (TGA-FTIR), Thermogravimetric Analysis
- JASCO: FT/IR-4000 Series, FT/IR-4600, FT/IR-4700, FT/IR-6000 Series, FT/IR-6600, FT/IR-6700, FT/IR-6800, VIR Series Portable FTIR Spectrometer, VIR-100 General Purpose Mid IR SPectrometer, VIR-200 High REsolution Mid-IR Spectrometer
- Arcoptix: FT-MIR Rocket, FT-IR Rocket, FT-MIR 2-6, FT-MIR 1.5-8.5, FT-IR 2-12, FTIR-FC, FTIR-FC-4TE, FTIR-FC-LN, FTIR Rocket OEM, FTIR-OEM000-CAF2, FTIR-OEM000-ZNSE
- ABB: MB3000 Series, MB3000, MB3000-PH, MB36000-CH90, FTPA2000-HP40
- Buck Scientific: M530 Infrared Spectrophotometer, Advanced M530 Package, M530 Quick-Scan, Avademic Package
- Horiba: FTX-ONE, MEXA-ONE-FT, NDIR
- Galaxy Scientific
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.