Ion Chromatography System
How an Ion Chromatograph Works & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s ion-exchange chromatography system leasing program:
- Eliminates the upfront cost of purchasing equipment by deferring its cost over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- It costs less to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Minimal instrument downtime because we cover repairs and service visits
- We handle the admin work associated with equipment purchasing and maintenance
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Despite the diversity in methods, the Excedr lease program is able to source all instrument types and can accommodate any brand preferences your end-user might have. Request an estimate today and see how leasing can discount the price of your ion chromatograph.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Ions are charged atoms or molecules. The charge of the molecule is determined by how many negatively charged electrons or positively charged protons they have. In ions, the number of protons or electrons is uneven resulting in a net positive or negative charge. If an ion is said to be positively charged it is said to be a cation. If an ion is said to be negatively charged it is said to be an anion.
Separating ions and polar molecules using ion exchange on materials to analyze them is a process known as ion chromatography (IC). This examination method combines both chromatographic and ion equilibrium theories into one technique to separate ionic species. This quantitative analysis can look at major anions such as fluoride, chloride, nitrate, nitrite, and sulfates, as well as major cations such as lithium, sodium, ammonium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. It is effective for any type of charged molecule such as proteins, nucleotides, and amino acids, however, IC must be performed in an environment that is one unit away from the isoelectric point, pI, of a protein. Every ion chromatograph consists of a stationary phase and a mobile phase referred to as either the elution or the chromatography resin. Once the results have been analyzed they are then plotted on a chromatogram which is a visual interpretation of the data.
Ion Chromatograph Methods, Benefits, & Costs
Also known as high-performance ion chromatography (HPIC) is a form of liquid chromatography, that divides ionic species so that their concentrations may be measured. The solution that the material is being held in is put through a chromatographic column and the ions are separated and absorbed. The sizes and types of electrovalent molecules will determine how they separate themselves. Ions that are less attracted to the specific resin, or stationary phase used, will move faster through the column and be filtered out, or eluted, first while ions that are more attracted to the resin will move slower and be eluted later. Once they have left the column, the results are analyzed and the data can be plotted on a chromatographic readout.
In ion exchange chromatography, there are two chromatographic approaches, anion-exchange, and cation-exchange. Each approach differs in how their tests are conducted such as what type of ion exchange resin and the type of ion exchange column is used.
- Anion-exchange (AIEC): By using an anion-exchange resin that has positively charged groups like a diethyl-aminoethyl group, or DEAE, AIEC can filter out more negatively charged molecules. This is done by coating the resin with positively charged counter-ions, which will attract the negatively charged ions in the solution. In more chemically technical terms, this means that the pI becomes less than the pH for this process. This technique is commonly used to purify negatively charged acidic substances at higher pH levels such as amino acid, proteins, sugars, and carbohydrates.
- Cation-exchange (CIEC): This technique is used when the molecule that is to be observed is positively charged. This positive charge is because the pI is more than the pH for this process. Similar to AIEC, CIEC uses a cation-exchange resin that has a negative charge to attract positively charged ions. This technique is used to measure the concentration of positively charged cations like sodium potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Ion-exclusion chromatography or high-performance ion chromatography exclusion (HPICE), is a useful method to separate weak inorganic and organic acids. Using either a cation or anion charged exchange resin to separate ionic solutes from weakly ionic or neutral solutes. Unlike ion-exchange, in ion-exclusion, the ions that have a partial charge similar to the charged resin used are separated. This means if a cation exchange resin is used, partially negatively charged ions are divided. This is done by creating a Donna membrane that attracts smaller, similarly charged particles to them meaning that they will elute later than larger charged particles. Because of this size-dependent factor of this method, it is also called size-exclusion chromatography.
A form of IC that is based on separation through absorption, ion-pair chromatography or mobile phase ion chromatography (MPIC) uses a neutral porous divinylbenzene resin and adds a reagent of ion pairs to the mobile phase of the IPC. By adding this reagent the retention of specifically charged ionic analytes can be changed. If the ion of interest is a positively charged anion, the reagent would then consist of negatively charged cation pairs. The reagent would attract the anion of interest and attaches to it increasing its retention factor.
In the search for life beyond our planet, the most important marker that we look for is the presence of water. Carbon-based life cannot exist without it, so the detection of water on other planets or celestial bodies is the first step towards determining if life is present there. NASA has been developing a series of instruments and tests to perform in space to determine if water is present on a planet or not. An ion chromatograph is one of these important instruments. They are working to develop an ion chromatography chip that will be both lightweight and effective for water analysis and desalting.
When analyzing water samples, one issue that occurs is that salt in the water samples will begin to clog the other testing devices. Through ion extraction chromatography the salt can easily be removed while also keeping the sample intact for further testing and studying. The added benefit of this lab-on-a-chip concept is that the experiments can be run either by humans or by robots.
Whatever your ion chromatography needs, you should not have to worry about how the purchase of this device might financially impact your other lab operations. Our leasing program allows you to still use any type of ion chromatograph that you need while also not requiring you to spend a prohibitively large amount of money to acquire the device.
We Offer Ion-Exchange Chromatography Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
ION PAIR CHROMATOGRAPHY MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Metrohm: 883 Basic IC Plus, 883 Basic IC plus Package, 930 Compact IC Flex, 930 Compact IC Flex Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex ChS, 930 Compact IC Flex ChS/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex ChS/PP, 930 Compact IC Flex ChS/PP/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex SeS, 930 Compact IC Flex SeS/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex SeS/PP, 930 Compact IC Flex SeS/PP/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/DeG, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/ChS, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/ChS/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/ChS/PP, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/ChS/PP/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/SeS, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/SeS/Deg, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/SeS/PP, 930 Compact IC Flex Oven/SeS/PP/Deg, 930 Metrohm Combustion IC PP, 930 Metrohm Combustion IC DR, 940 Professional IC Vario, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/Prep 1, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/Prep 2, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/HPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/LPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/ChS, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/ChS/HPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/ChS/LPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/ChS/PP, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/ChS/PP/HPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/ChS/PP/LPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/Prep 1, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/Prep 2, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/Prep 3, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/Prep 3, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/HPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/LPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/PP, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/PP/Prep 1, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/PP/Prep 2, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/PP/Prep 3, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/PP/HPG, 940 Professional IC Vario ONE/SeS/PP/LPG, 940 Professional IC Vario TWO, 940 Professional IC Vario TWO/ChS, 940 Professional IC Vario TWO/ChS/PP, 940 Professional IC Vario TWO/SeS, 940 Professional IC Vario TWO/SeS/PP, ProfIC Vario 1 Amperometry, ProfIC Vario 1 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 1 Anion, ProfIC Vario 1 DR,ProfIC Vario 1 Cation, ProfIC Vario 1 PCR-UV/VIS, ProfIC Vario 1 UV/VIS, ProfIC Vario 2 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 2 Anion, ProfIC Vario 2 Cation, ProfIC Vario 3 Anion, ProfIC Vario 3 Cation, ProfIC Vario 4 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 4 Anion, ProfIC Vario 4 Cation, ProfIC Vario 5 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 5 Anion, ProfIC Vario 5 Cation, ProfIC Vario 6 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 6 Anion, ProfIC Vario 6 Cation, ProfIC Vario 7 Anion, ProfIC Vario 7 Cation, ProfIC Vario 8 Anion, ProfIC Vario 8 Cation, ProfIC Vario 9 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 9 Anion, ProfIC Vario 9 Cation, ProfIC Vario 10 Anion, ProfIC Vario 11 Anion, ProfIC Vario 12 Anion, ProfIC Vario 14 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 14 Anion, ProfIC Vario 14 Cation, ProfIC Vario 15 AnCat, ProfIC Vario 15 Anion, ProfIC Vario 15 Cation, Eco IC, Eco IC Package
- ThermoFisher Scientific: Dionex ICS-6000 HPIC system, Dionex ICS-6000 Standard Bore and Microbore HPIC Systems, Dionex ICS-6000 Capillary HPIC Systems, Dionex ICS-6000 Hybrid HPIC Systems, Dionex Integrion HPIC System, Dionex Aquion Ion Chromatography (IC) System, Dionex ICS-4000 Integrated Capillary HPIC System, Titration IC System, Combustion Ion Chromatography System, Dionex ICS-6000 Single Channel Standard Bore IC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Single Channel Gradient Standard Bore IC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Single Channel Standard Bore RFIC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Single Channel Microbore RFIC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Dual Channel Standard Bore RFIC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Dual Channel Microbore RFIC System, Dionex ICS-6000 2D-IC Standard Bore-Microbore System, Dionex ICS-6000 Carbohydrate Analysis Standard Bore System, Dionex ICS-6000 BioIC System with ED for Carbohydrates (Standard Bore) and AAA-Direct (Microbore) System, Dionex ICS-6000 Single Channel Capillary RFIC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Dual Channel Capillary RFIC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Dual Channel RFIC Hybrid (Standard Bore-Capillary) 2D-IC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Dual Channel RFIC Hybrid (Microbore-Capillary) IC System, Dionex ICS-6000 Dual Channel Hybrid BioIC ED System for Carbohydrates (Capillary) and AAA-DIrect (Microbore)
- Mitsubishi: AQF-2100H
- Lab-Kits: CHR-IC-01, CHR-IC-02, CHR-IC-03
- Syknm: Ion Chromatography System S 150, Manual IC System S151-M, Manual IC System S 151-G, Automatic IC System S 151-A, Automatic IC System S 151-AG
- Gibnik Analytical Solutions: KONICK IC 590 Plus
- Tosoh: IC-2010
- Membrane Pure: Ionus
- Cecil: IonQuest
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.