How Mass Spectrometry Works & How Our Services Save You Time & Money
Here is how Excedr’s mass spectrometer leasing program benefits you:
- Leases reduce the large upfront cost of purchasing equipment by enabling you to spread payments out over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which means you save even more money through leasing
- Equipment downtime is minimized with our complete repair coverage
- We take care of the administrative work related to equipment procurement and repairs
- With the capital saved through our program, clients are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Scientists across many disciplines use mass spectrometry to identify unknown compounds, elucidate structures, and quantify components in a sample, whether it is solid, liquid, or gas. A mass spectrometer measures the mass-to-charge ratio (m/z) of molecules (and/or its fragments) and atoms. A mass spectrometer consists of an ion source, an analyzer, and detector system. Typically, as a sample is introduced to the spectrometer, it is bombarded with electrons and ionized, allowing the compounds to become charged and fragmented. The ions are separated by an electromagnetic field according to their mass to charge ratio (m/z). The detector system then detects the relative abundance of each of the resolved ionic species.
Components & Benefits
All mass spectrometers have three major components that carry out each of the steps in the process:
- Ion Source: For producing gaseous phase ions from the sample
- Analyzer: For separating or resolving the ions according to their mass-to-charge ratio (m/z)
- Detector System: For detecting the ions and counting the relative abundance of each of the resolved ionic species
The sample can be introduced in several ways, depending on the experimental setup. It is common to couple separation techniques, such as GC, HPLC and CE, to a mass spectrometer. The choice of ionization source is extremely important and is usually classified as “hard” or “soft”. Hard ionization fragments molecules, whereas soft ionization offers little or no fragmentation.
Mass Spectrometry is a powerful analytical tool that has demonstrated its great potential over the last decade, and will continue to shape the direction of many scientific disciplines. It is routinely used in all areas of science, from environmental health, food and drug development, to cutting-edge materials, biological and electronics research. Choosing from the wide range of techniques and technologies available can be a daunting task, and it is essential to keep scientific application, performance expectations, and budget in mind.
Whatever your mass spectrometer requirements might be, our equipment lease program can meet your lab’s equipment needs and model preferences. Contact us for an estimate today and see how leasing can save you time and money.
Reduce Your Upfront Costs When you Lease a Mass Spec
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
Mass Spectrometer Manufacturers & Models on the Market
- Agilent – Ultivo, 6400, 6495B, 6420A, 6460C, 6470A, 6545XT, 6500, 6530, 6545, 6550, 6560, StreamSelect, LC/MSD, LC/MSD XT, 6200, 6230B 5977B, 7000D, 7010B, 7250 7200B, RapidFire 365
- Waters – ACQUITY QDa, SQ Detector 2, Xevo, Vion, SYNAPT, MALDI SYNAPT
- SCIEX – TripleTOF, X500B QTOF, X500R QTOF, QTRAP
- PerkinElmer -AxION iQT, AxION 2, AxION DSA, Torion T-9, QSight, Atlus SQ, NexION
- Shimadzu – GCMS-TQ8050, GCMS-TQ8040, GCMS-QP2020, GCMS-QP2010 SE, LCMS-8060, LCMS-8050, LCMS-8045, LCMS-8040, LCMS-8030, LCMS-2020, LCMS-IT-TOF, CLAM-2000, MALDI-7090TM, AXIMA, iMScope TRIO
- Bruker – rapifleX, microfleX, autofleX, ultraflextreme, Proteineer fc, ImagePrep, MALDI Biotyper, timsTOF, micrOTOF focus II, compact, impact II, maXis II, amaZon speed, amaZon SL, EVOQ, solariX XR
- Thermo- TSQ Altis, TSQ Quantis, TSQ Quantiva, TSQ Endura, TSQ Quantum, Orbitrap, Q Exactive, LCQ Fleet, LTQ XL Linear, Velos Pro, ISQ EC, MSQ Plus, ISQ LT, ISQ QD, TSQ 8000, TSQ Duo, Delta V, 253 Plus, 253 Ultra, Argus VI, Helix MC Plus, Helix SFT, Neptune Plus, Triton Plus, Delta Ray, ELEMENT GD PLUS, ELEMENT 2 HR, ELEMENT XR, iCAP RQ, iCAP TQ
- Fluidigm – Helios
- Advion – expression CMS
- Gilson – VERITY 1900
- Hitachi – HM1000
- and more!
Whether you are looking to lease a microscope or leaseback a mass spectrometer, we can help. Let us provide what you need for your business to succeed. Fill out our contact form or call us at (510) 982-6552 to discuss how we can be of assistance.
Leasing does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Excedr’s lease program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.