How a Thermocycler Works & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s PCR machine leasing program:
- Leasing eliminates the upfront cost of buying equipment by enabling you to make payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- It costs less to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Our comprehensive repair coverage minimizes your lab’s downtime
- We handle and streamline the admin work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance
- With the capital saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a technique used to amplify DNA sequences in vitro. It is widely used for many applications such as molecular biology, microbiology, genetics, pharmaceutical research, diagnostics, clinical laboratories, forensic science, environmental science, food science, hereditary studies, and paternity testing.
Despite revolutionizing scientific research, the principle of basic polymerase chain reaction is elegantly simple and involves a three-step reaction of thermal denaturation, primer annealing, and primer extension. Thermocyclers facilitate this reaction and provide a thermally controlled environment for the PCR samples by changing the temperature of its heating block at specific times and by spending durations of time at specific temperatures. Once temperature cycling is complete, DNA amplification is confirmed using agarose gel electrophoresis, and although DNA can be quantified during end point analysis, it is generally considered more reliable to do this using real-time polymerase chain reaction.
While the basic procedure is still commonly used in many laboratories, it has evolved far beyond simple amplification and detection. Many variations of the original polymerase chain reaction method have been developed over the years and are as follows:
Methods, Benefits, & PCR Machine Price
Hot Start PCR
Hot Start involves blocking DNA polymerase activity at low temperatures with specific anti-Taq antibodies and is used to reduce nonspecific priming/amplification and the creation of primer dimers. On top of that, it improves performance by increasing product yields. With Hot Start Long and Accurate, the impact on yield can be even more significant. Conventional methods, while effective, also involve additional handling and increased risk of contamination.
Reverse Transcriptase PCR
The DNA polymerases used for basic PCR require a DNA template. There are, however, numerous instances in which amplification of RNA would be preferred. To study RNA, the RNA sample must first be reverse transcribed to cDNA using a reverse transcriptase enzyme. The resulting cDNA can then be used for subsequent polymerase chain reaction amplification. Reverse Transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR) is commonly used for gene expression profiling, inserting eukaryotic genes into prokaryotes, and disease diagnosis.
Quantitative Real-Time PCR
Real-time PCR and RT-PCR enable accurate quantification of starting amounts of DNA, cDNA, and RNA targets. Real-time detection of polymerase chain reaction products is made possible by including in the reaction a fluorescent molecule that reports an increase in the amount of DNA with a proportional increase in fluorescent signal. Because it detects the amount of product as the reaction progresses, qPCR provides a wide linear dynamic range, demonstrates high sensitivity, and is very quantitative.
Real-Time PCR Detection System
A specialized RT-PCR thermal cycler equipped with fluorescence detection modules is used to monitor the fluorescence as amplification occurs. When shopping for real-time PCR thermocyclers, considerations should include the footprint, multiplexing capabilities, compatibility with standard liquid handling workstations and multichannel pipettes, reagent and consumables cost, ease-of-use, software capabilities, and throughput potential. From an economic standpoint, we have seen a decrease in qPCR machine cost as technology has rapidly improved over the years, making these apparatuses much more accessible to the lab community.
Digital PCR Machine
These devices provide absolute counts of target DNA, as well as increased sensitivity, precision, and reproducibility, compared to qPCR. Digital polymerase chain reaction has the potential to have a major impact on molecular analyses, ranging from clinical applications, such as biomarker analysis, viral detection, prognostic monitoring and fetal screening, to research applications such as phage-host interactions and intracellular profiling. Digital PCR can also be applied to assist with the library preparation needed for massively parallel next generation sequencing methods. There are currently two types of dPCR platforms:
- Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR): Similar to qPCR, ddPCR utilizes Taq polymerase to amplify the targeted DNA in a complex sample. Additionally, it uses microfluidics to emulsify samples in oil, creating reproducible droplets to be processed and analyzed by fluorescence. Before being analyzed in the ddPCR process, a sample is divided into 20,000 droplets, is thermocycled, and then ran through a 96-well PCR plate. This partitioning of the sample into thousands of reaction vessels is a major difference between droplet digital PCR and qPCR.
- qdPCR: A platform based on integrated fluidic circuits (chips), sometimes abbreviated to qdPCR. Chip-based techniques have a narrower dynamic range; however, they provide more precise sample partitioning that can provide consistently high data collection with vastly reduced variance.
Both ddPCR and qdPCR approaches are on the forefront of detection technology, and accordingly, they are also the most expensive purchases one can opt for. As for the other aforementioned methods, they are relatively more affordable than dPCR but remain a large, burdensome capital expenditure. That being said, your laboratory can save a substantial amount of time and money by enrolling in our rental program instead of choosing to buy outright.
We Offer PCR Detection System Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
PCR MACHINE MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Thermo Fisher & Applied Biosystems: QuantStudio 3, QuantStudio 5, QuantStudio 6 Pro, QuantStudio 6 Flex, QuantStudio 7 Pro, QuantStudio 7 Flex, QuantStudio 12k Flex, QuantStudio 3D, QuantStudio Dx, StepOne, StepOnePlus, ViiA 7, 7500 Fast, 7500 Fast Dx, 7500 Real-Time PCR System, PikoReal, SimpliAmp, Veriti
- PCRmax: Alpha Cycler 1, Alpha Cycler 2, Alpha Cycler 4, Eco 48,
- Techne: Prime, 3Prime, 3PrimeX, 3PrimeG, PrimeG, Prime Pro 48
- G-Storm: GS4822, GS1, GS2, GS4
- Hygiena: BAX System X5, BAX System Q7
- Fluidigm: Biomark HD, EP1
- RainDance Technologies: RainDrop Plus Digital PCR System, ThunderBolts System
- Eppendorf: Mastercycler X50, Mastercycler nexus, Mastercycler nexus X2, C1000 Touch, S1000, T100, CFX Automation System II, QXDx AutoDG
- Bio-Rad: CFX96 Touch, CFX384 Touch, CFX Connect, CFX96 Touch Deep Well, QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System, QX200 AutoDG, ddSEQ
- QIAGEN: Rotor-Gene Q
- Agilent: AriaMx, AriaDx, Mx3005P, Mx3000P
- Roche Life Science: LightCycler 96, LightCycler 480, LightCycler 1536, cobas LIAT, LightCycler 2.0
- Analytik Jena: qTOWER3, qTower3 G, qTower3 Touch, qTower3 G Touch, qTower3 84, qTower3 84 G, Biometra TOne, Biometra TAdvanced, Biometra TRIO, Biometra TRobot
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.