How Raman Spectroscopy Works & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s Raman spectrometer leasing program:
- Eliminates the upfront cost of purchasing equipment by diffusing its cost over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- It is cheaper to lease with Excedr than it is to buy outright
- Equipment downtime is minimized with our repair coverage
- We handle and streamline the admin work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance
- With the cash saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Raman spectroscopy is a spectroscopic technique that relies on inelastic scattering of light to detect vibrational, rotational, and other low-frequency modes in a system. Used in chemistry it is able to identify molecules by providing a structural fingerprint. Unlike other vibrational spectroscopic techniques, Raman looks at the scattering of light rather than the absorption of it. This means that the sample preparation is much less complex and that there are no aqueous absorption bands to throw off the data. When a monochromatic light source, like a laser, hits a material the light will scatter. Most of the scattered light will be the same wavelength and frequency as the initial light source, however, a small amount of scattered light will change in energy. This change in energy is what can then be measured to identify the object. This particular scattering phenomenon is referred to as Raman scattering.
Raman scattering, or the Raman effect, is named after Sir C.V. Raman, and describes the inelastic scattering of light off of matter when struck by light. When light hits something, most of the photons that are scattered are the same energy as the light it was hit with. Sir Raman and his team noticed that a small amount of scattered energy scattered inelastically, meaning its energy was different than that which it was hit with. This difference in energy is unique to each type of molecule that it bounces off of, and when plotted can be used as a fingerprint for that element.
Raman Spectrometer Techniques, Methods, & Costs
A highly accurate and powerful technique, SERS, sometimes called surface-enhanced Raman scattering, improves normal Raman scattering by huge orders of magnitude and can be used to detect single molecules. This technique applies Raman intensity and improves Raman scattering through an electromagnetic amplification mechanism. This enhancement occurs on the surface of a rough metal substance or by nanostructures like plasmonic-magnetic silica nanotubes. Due to its ability to identify chemical species and analyze the makeup of a mixture on the nanoscale, this technique is used a lot in chemistry, the pharmaceutical industry, and material science.
Resonance Raman Spectroscopy
By using a specific wavelength to cause the scattering, resonance Raman spectroscopy is able to increase the intensity of the scattering. This is done by choosing a wavelength that either overlaps or is extremely close to the electronic transition of the sample that is being observed. Due to resonance Raman spectroscopy’s increased intensity, it can detect samples with extremely low concentrations in a substance. One major disadvantage to this technique is that the fluorescence of an object may throw off the data collected and should be accounted for. This makes it an extremely useful technique in analyzing environmental pollutants which have concentrations in the parts per billion range.
Transmission Raman Spectroscopy
By shining light through a sample in the direction of the excitation laser, transmission Raman spectroscopy allows for bulk analysis of powders, tablets, and opaque substances. By shooting the light through the object and analyzing the light that comes out the other side of it allows for analysis of the entire volume of the material. Their ability to perform fast, quantitative analysis of substances make it useful in pharmaceutical, and medical analysis, as well as material sciences.
Raman Optical Activity Spectroscopy
Also known as spontaneous vibrational Raman optical activity scattering, is a vibrational spectroscopy technique that looks at the difference in intensity of Raman scattered from the right and left circularly polarised light. Similar to vibrational circular dichroism, Raman optical activity directly looks at chirality, of molecular vibrations. Due to its ability to observe chirality, this spectroscopic technique is very useful in chemistry and biology.
Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman, or C.V. Ramen, was a professor at Calcutta University. In 1930 he would win the Nobel Prize for Physics for his work observing light scattering. His and his team’s discovery would be later named after C.V. Raman and be known as Raman scattering. Sir Raman famously found his inspiration in light scattering while on a ship traveling from London to Bombay. He became fascinated with the blue color of the Mediterranean sea and was not satisfied with the current explanation for this phenomena a the time. He would find that the color of the sea was due to the scattering of light by water molecules. His studies of scattered light continued and led him to find that a small amount of light scattered was of a different color than the incident light. He describes this phenomenon in his published report in Nature, titled “A New Type of Secondary Radiation,” and in 1930 this discovery would win him the Nobel Prize for physics.
A Raman spectrometer is such an important tool for scientists in identifying molecules and observing vibrational behavior of substances. Acquiring this useful piece of equipment should not mean financially handicapping your company. Let us help you finance the Raman spectrometer of your choice through our leasing program.
We Offer Resonance Raman Spectrometer Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
TRANSMISSION RAMAN SPECTROMETER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Metrohm: Metrohm Instant Raman Analyzers (Mira), Mira P, Mira DS, Mira M-1, Mira M-3, Spectroelectrochemical Raman Instrument, SPELCRAMAN
- Thermo Fisher: DXR2 SmartRaman Spectrometer, iXR Raman Spectrometer, TruScan RM Handheld Raman Analyzer, FirstDefender RM Chemical Identification System, FirstDefender RMX Handheld Chemical Identification, DXR 2 Raman Microscope, Nicolet iS 50 Raman Module, DXR 2xi Raman Imaging MIcroscope
- Agilent: Cobalt Insight100 Series, Cobalt Insight200M, TRS100, RapID System, Resolve
- Bruker: BRAVO, RAM II FT-Raman Module, MultiRAM, SENTERRA II
- JASCO: NRS-4500 Series, NRS-4500, NRS-5000 Series, NRS-5100, NRS-5200, NRS-5500, NRS-5600, NRS-7000 Series, NRS-7100, NRS-7200, NRS-7500, NRS-7600, RMP-510, RFT-6000 FT Raman Spectrometer
- Horiba: MacroRAM, HE Spectrograph, Modular Raman Spectrometer, Lumetta, UHR, iHR320, iHR550, FHR1000, THz-Raman, LabRAM Odyssey, LabRAM HR, LabRAM HR Evolution, XploRA PLUS, XploRA ONE, XploRA INV
- BWTEK: NanoRam, TacticID-GP, TacticID-N, TacticID-1064, i-Ram Prime, i-Raman Plus, i-Raman EX, STRam, QTRam, Portable Carbon Raman Analyzer, i-Raman Pro-HT-532, i-Raman Pro, GemRam
- Tec5: tecRaman, MultiSpec Raman SPectrometer, techRaman Probe
- Marqmetrix: Raman All-In-One (AIO), Raman Walkup All-In-One (WAIO), TouchRaman Immersion technology, TouchRaman BallProbe
- TSI: ChemLogix, EZRaman-N, EZRaman-NP, EZRaman-H, EZRaman-I, ProRaman-W, ProRaman-L, ProRaman-I, ChemLogix GasRaman, GasRaman Noch-1 High Performance, NOCH-1, NOCH1-01-HP, GasRaman Noch-2, GASR-NOCH2-01, Assurx, Assurx-G7, ExpertRaman W-Series
- ONDAX: THz-Raman, THz-Probe, THz-Base, THz-Micro
- Anton Paar: Cora 7X00 series, Cora7100, Cora 7200, Cora 7200 Deep Cooled, Cora 7300 Deep Cooled, Cora 100, Cora 5X00 series, Cora 5100 Fiber, Cora 5200 Fiber, Cora 5500 Fiber, Cora 5600 Fiber, Cora 5700 Fiber
- Tornado Spectral: HyperFlux PRO plus
- Control Development: Shakti PR-1000 Raman Analyzer, Portable Raman Systems, R785-1024
- StellarNet Inc.: Raman-HR-TEC-405, Raman-ER-TEC-405, Raman-HR-TEC-532, Raman-ER-TEC-532, Raman-HR-TEC-633, Raman-HR-TEC-785, Raman-SR-785, Raman-HR-TEC-830, Raman-HR-TEC-1064, Pre-configured Raman Systems
- Hellman Analytics Axiom Technologies: RFP-500 Series, RFP-540, RFP-550, RFP-400 Series, RFP-410-W, RFP-420-W, RFP-435-W, RFP-465-W
- SciAps: CHEM 500, Inspector 500, Inspector 300, Inspector Scope, ReporteR, ObserveR, Advantage Series Benchtop Raman, Advantage 532, Advantage 633, Advantage 785, Advantage 1064, SERS
- EnSpectr: RaPort, R532, R532-50, R1064, R1064-1, RamMics M1064, RamMics M1064-1, MicroKit, Low Wavenumber MicroKit, M532
Malvern Panalytical: Morphologi 4-ID, Morphologi G3-ID
- Applied NanoFluorescence: NS2 NanoSpectralyzer, NS3 NanoSpectralyzer
- Digilab: Identity Raman Reader
- Headwall: Raman Spectrometer
- Avantes Inc.: AvaRaman System, AvaRaman-532 TEC, AvaRaman-532 HERO-EVO, AvaRaman-785 TEC, AvaRaman Bundles, AvaRaman-A, AvaRaman-B, AvaRaman-D
- Advanced Integrated Scanning Tools for Nano Technology: OmegaScope 1000
- Ocean Optics: QE Pro-Raman, QE Pro (Custom), Maya2000 Pro
- Princeton Instruments: IsoPlane, SpectraPro, SpectraPro HRS, Fergie, TriVista
- Applied Instrument Technologies: RPM View, RPM 785, RPM MD Lab or Rackmount
- Angstrom Advanced Inc.: RM-1000, RM-2000, RM-5000
- Edinburgh Instruments: Raman Spectrometer, Raman-SR, Raman-HR, Raman-HR-TEC, Raman-SR-TEC-IG, Raman-HR-TEC-IG
- Renishaw: RA802 Pharmaceutical Analyzer, RA816 Biological Analyzer, inVia, inVia Basis, inVia Reflex, inVia Qontor
- J&M Analytic AG: TIDAS L 1100 Raman, TIDAS S1200R-Raman
- Raman-Analytik: Raman-Spectrometer MA-RBE-V02
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.