Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer
How an Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer Works & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s ULT freezer leasing program:
- When you lease, you eliminate the upfront cost of buying equipment and instead have more manageable payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- It costs less to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Equipment downtime is minimized with our repair coverage
- Excedr handles the admin work associated with equipment procurement and maintenance
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Refrigerators and freezers keep items at low temperatures, reducing the rate of spoilage by reducing the rate of bacteria reproduction. Refrigerators and freezers work by pulling heat out of a thermally-insulated compartment. Heat pumps, either mechanical, electrical, or chemical, are used to move hot air out, cooling the inside of the refrigerator or freezer unit. Freezers function the same as refrigerators except they work at a much lower temperature. Commercial freezers maintain temperatures from -9 to 0 degrees Fahrenheit or -23 to -18 degrees Celsius.
Ultra-low temperature (ULT) freezers are a specific type of freezer meant to store biological material like viruses, bacteria, and cells. As the name implies, ULT freezers work at much lower temperatures than commercial freezers. ULT freezers operate at temperatures ranging from -45 to -150 C depending on its intended purpose. ULT freezers also come in four main configurations to accommodate different lab spaces:
- Upright or vertical
- Under-bench top
ULT freezers are mainly used in hospitals, biomedical facilities, blood banks, and research institutes.
ULT Freezer Refrigeration Cycle Explained
Heat Pump and Refrigeration Cycle
Refrigerators and freezers are able to maintain a cool interior by using a heat pump cycle or refrigeration cycle. These cycles take heat from a source and are able to transfer it to a second location referred to as a heat sink. Depending on how it is used, a heat pump can be considered a heater if you are aiming to warm the heat sink, or be considered a refrigerator if you wish to cool the heat source. In the case of a commercial freezer, the heat source would be the inside of the freezer unit and the heat sink would be the surrounding room that the freezer is in. The second law of thermodynamics states that in order to transfer heat work must be done. The Carnot cycle is a theoretical cycle that demonstrates a perfect heat engine where 100% of the heat is maintained in the heat cycle system. This means that the change in temperature of the system is exactly equal to the work done by the system. The Carnot cycle is an important tool used to determine the efficiency of freezers and refrigerators.
The actual transfer of heat from one location to another can be done by using a working fluid to move the heat. This technique is called the vapor-compression cycle. The working fluid is cycled through a series of tubes and undergoes phase changes to absorb the heat from inside the freezer. The fluid, commonly referred to as the refrigerant, goes through an expansion or throttle valve at high pressure and temperature. The expansion valve causes a rapid drop in pressure which results in a rapid drop in temperature. The now cooled fluid is then cycled into the freezer compartment. A fan is used to pass air inside the freezer over the cold refrigerant which absorbs the heat,leaving behind a colder freezer compartment. The now warmer fluid is passed into a compressor that superheats the fluid and increases its pressure and the cycle starts again. ULT freezers work in a similar fashion, only they use two cooling stages and the refrigerant used can achieve much lower temperatures than commercial refrigerants. Examples of refrigerant used in ULT freezers are methane and nitrogen.
Born in 1796, Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot was a French physicist and considered the father of thermodynamics. Carnot’s fascination with heat and engines started early when he and his father had witnessed a steam engine in Germany. Though at the time steam engines had become widely used in the world there had been no real scientific study done to explain how they worked. The current theory at the time was called the caloric theory, and it stated that heat was due to an invisible liquid called caloric. This liquid would move from a hotter body to a colder body which accounted for changes in temperature. In 1824, Carnot would publish his first and only work on the matter of heat. It was titled Reflections on the Motive Power of Fire. In it, he detailed his research on a theoretically perfect heat engine which is today referred to as the Carnot Cycle. Carnot’s work continues to be important today as it is the basis for which much of our understanding of refrigeration and heating comes from.
Ultra-low temperature freezers play an important role in the lab space. Acquiring one should not financially hinder your lab’s ability to function. Excedr’s ULT freezer leases provide you with a fiscally responsible way of obtaining that piece of equipment while avoiding the large upfront cost of purchasing it outright.
We Offer Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
ULT FREEZER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Thermo Fisher & Applied Biosystems: Revco RLE series, Revco RLE package with HID access key lock, Revco RLE package with LN backup system, Revco RLE package with chart recorder, Revco RLE package with CO2 backup system, Revco ExF, Revco DxF, Revco CxF series -86C, Revco CxF series -40C, TSX package with HID access key, TSD series, TSC series -86C, TSC series -40C, TSE series, Forma 900 series, Forma 7000 series, Forma 8600 series -40C, Forma 8600 series -86C, HERAFreeze HFU B series -40C Upright, HERAFreeze HFU B series -86C Upright, HERAFreeze HFC series -40C Chest, HERAFreeze HFC series -86C Chest, Cryogenic Storage Chest Freezers, -80C Benchtop, Dual-Safe -80C Chest
- PHCbi: Cryogenic, MDF-1156-PE, MDF-C2156VAN-PE, TwinGuard, MDF series, MDF-DU502VH-PE, MDF-DU702VH-PE, MDF-DU900V-PE, MDF-U55V-PE, MDF-U33V-PE, MDF-C8V1-PE, MDF-DU300H-PE, Biomedical Freezer (-30/-40C), MPR Sliding Door, MPR Pharmaceutical Refrigerator with Freezer, MBR series, Cryosystem LN2 Freezers, Isothermal LN2 Freezers, Lab Tank, Standard LN2 Freezers, Transport containers, Vapor Shippers
- Eppendorf: ULT Chest Freezers, CryoCube FC660, CryoCube FC660h, Innova C585, Innova C760, Innova U101, Innova U360, ULT U4010 series, Premium U410, HEF U410, Innova U535, CryoCube F570, CryoCube 570h, CryoCube F740 series, CryoCube F740hi, CryoCube F740hiw, CryoCube F740h
- BINDER Inc.: Series UFV, UF V 500, UF V 700
- Biobase: BDF-86V158, BDF-86V340, BDF-86V936, BDF-86V100, BDF-86V540, BDF-86V398, BDF-60H58, BDF-60H118A, BDF-60H218, BDF-60H318, BDF-60H458, BDF-40V series, BDF-40H series
- Nuaire: Blizzard HC VIP models, Glacier, NU-99338, NU-99486, NU-99578, NU-99728, NU-99828, NU-99420, Glacier models, NU-9483, NU-9668, NU-9728
- Thalheimer Kühlung: NADEE-N series, CRYO series, TPSU series, Pharmo-R/F series, VARIO series, FREZOLAB series, Haemo Med Line, FREZO Med Line
- Z-Sc1: Twincore, Twincore Petit, IKKII, IKKII Petit, Mini series, Unicore, Bio series, TWIN EVP
- Helmer Scientific: iUF116, iUF118, iUF124, iUF126, HLR series
- LaboGene: ScanCool SnowBird
- ESCO Group: Lexicon II (Gold Controller), Lexicon II (Silver Controller)
- Kaltis International: Prime series, Merit series, Hydrocarbon Green HC series, High Environment HE Series
- Lneya: DW-8L158S, DW-8L398S, DW-8W598S, DW-8W930S, DW-8W58S, DW-8W118S, DW-8W258S, DW-8W458S, DW-A0W118S, DW-A0W258S, DW-A0W458S, DW-A0L398S, DW-A3W258S, DW-A3W458S, DW-A3W118S, DW-A5W258S
- Meditech Technology India Pvt Ltd
- HighRes Biosolutions: TundraStore, TundraStore D, TundraStore M
- Aegis Scientific
- American BioTech Supplies (ABS)
- Gesellschaft fur Labortechnik mbH (GLF)
- B Medical Systems: U Range, U401, U501, U701, U901, F Range
C85-2, MV85-1, MV85-2, MV85-3, U85-13, U85-18, U85-22, U85-25, U80-28, U80-30, U80-30D, C85-3, C85-5, C85-9, C85-12, C85-14, C85-17, C80-21, C85-22, C80-27, NU85-13, NU85-18, NU85-22, NU85-25, NU80-28, NU80-30, NC-85-3, NC85-5, NC85-9, NC85-12, NC85-14, NC85-17, NC85-22, NC80-27
LN2 Cryogenic Storage Systems: H47-750C, H47-750P, H61-2000-C, H61-2000-P, H121-4000-C, H121-4000-P, H176-6000-C, H176-6000-P
- Norlake Scientific: White Diamond Series Ultra-Low
- Continental Scientific
- ScienTemp: Ultra Cold Series -85C, 86-01A, 86-01B, 85-1.7A, 85-1.7B, 85-1.7B, 85-3.1A, 85-3.1B, 85-6.8A, 85-6.8B, 80-9.4A, 80-9.4B, 80-12A, 80-12B, 80-12A-L, 80-12B-L, 80-21B
- Froilabo: BM Essential 340, BM Essential 515, BM Essential 690, BM Evolution 340, BM Evolution 515, BM Evolution 690, BM 175, BMT 175, BMP 175, BM 1000, BMT 1000, BMH 340, BMH 515. BMH 690, BBR series, CRP40, CRP100, MPR series
- KW Apparecchi Scientifici
- NÜVE: DF290, DF490, DF590, FR series, MD series, Blood bank refrigerators, KN series, UL288, UL388, UL486, UL490, UL628, UL728, UL826, UL100, UL420, Pharm260, Pharm360, Pharm610, Pharm890, Pharm1378, Sun60, BB158, BB258, BB358, BB608, BB890, BB1308, BB1308K, Freeze92, Freeze188, Freeze262, Freeze428, Freeze626, Freeze100CH, Freeze255CH, Freeze380CH
- Vision Scientific Co. Ltd.: VS-142C, VS-195C, VS-87D, VS-87C, VS-90DF-C series, VS-90DF-U series
- OVAN: OVER765, OVEVF535/40, 86UC90, 86UC400, 86UC540, 86UC700, OVCVF600-45, OVCVFCR9982-30, OVER344
- Vestfrost Solutions: VTS 098, VTS 258, VT 78, VT 208, VT 308, VT 408, VTS 256, VT 75, VT 147, VT 207, VT 307, VT 407, VT 547
- ENVAIR Eco: ULT-338, ULT-388, ULT-578, ULT-728, ULT-828, ULT-490, ULT-829-T, ULT-959-T, ULT-578-TT (TWIN-Power), ULT-829-WT (Water Power), ULT-959-WT (Water Tower), ULT-486, ULT-628
- F.lil Della Marca (FDM)
- LabCold: LULT80100, LULT0400U, LULT0500U, ULTF130, ULTF416, ULTF301
- Labtop Instruments: Ultra Biofreeze
- Arctiko A/S: SUF 100, SUF 500, ULUF 15, ULUF 65, ULUF 125, ULUF 450, ULUF 550, SF 150, SF 500
- EVERmed: ULF 120, ULF 240, ULF 360, ULF 480, ULF 600, ULF 170, ULCF 400, ULCF 570
- Indrel Scientific: IULT335D/486, IULT335D/590, IULT335D/368, IULT90D, IULT2430D, IULT9504D, IULT335D710
- Hanshin Medical Co., LTD: ULF-405C, ULF-612U
- LEC MEdical
- Gram Bioline: BioUltra Range, BIOULTRA UL570
- Haier biomedical: DW-86L58S, DW-86L959BP, DW-86L829BP, DW-86L828J, DW-86L728J, DW-86L578J, DW-86L490J, DW-86L388J, DW-86L338J, DW-86L959, DW-86L729, DW-86L828, DW-86L728, DW-86L628, DW-86L578, DW-86L490, DW-86L486, DW-86L388A, DW-86L338, DW-86W420J, DW-86W100, DW-150W200
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.