How Gel Imaging Systems Work & How We Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of Excedr’s gel doc system leasing program:
- Eliminate the upfront cost of buying equipment by leasing and enjoy the benefits of having manageable payments over time instead
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which can lead to significant cash-savings
- Purchasing equipment outright is often significantly more expensive than leasing through us
- We offer comprehensive repair coverage to keep your lab’s downtime to a minimum
- The administrative work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance is completed by us
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Western blot imaging systems, sometimes known as gel documentation systems or gel imagers, refer to a specific type of equipment that is commonly used in laboratories that perform research or offer services related to molecular biology. This device offers imaging and documentation capabilities in regard to nucleic acid and protein that are suspended within agarose or polyacrylamide gels. These gel samples are generally stained using ethidium bromide or similar fluorophores. The gel doc often includes an ultraviolet transilluminator, a darkroom, and a CMOS or CCD camera to provide image capturing.
These systems often have advanced software, which simplifies the research process by automatically acquiring the data, analyzing it, and validating it. This is extremely useful when dealing with the many modes of nucleic acid and protein staining, including fluorescent, colorimetric, radioisotopic, and chemiluminescent. By digitizing the gels you get the benefits of accurate sample quantification and simple, effective data storage. This process is even easier as most of these systems are compatible with PC and Mac operating systems.
These systems can make complicated research simple, allowing laboratories to leverage the images for a presentation or simply store them more conveniently. There are several types of gel documentation systems, and the main ones are as follows:
Types, Benefits, & Gel Doc System Cost
Gel Doc Systems
While there are many choices for gel documentation systems, the one you choose should absolutely be tailored to fit your current and future needs. The range of features available makes choosing your customization options an integral part of the leasing process. There are several main features you should know about:
- Data Analysis & Output: There are many modes and options regarding analysis and output, and by tailoring them to your needs you can improve the ease with which data evaluation, sharing of data, custom reporting, and image generation are completed.
- Multifluorescent Western Blot: This feature allows for the analysis of multiple proteins in a single blot simultaneously. This saves time, as it eliminates the need for loading the sample into multiple wells or reprobing or stripping the blot. This also increases accuracy as it removes human error when reloading the blot.
- Signal Accumulation Mode: This refers to the accumulation of chemiluminescence data over a period of time, allowing the measurements to be taken as it develops. This ability to capture and analyze the time course for the signals makes it different from film-based systems which only offer an image at a point in time.
Film Auto Radiography
This specific type is used for radioisotope samples. These samples are often most common in medicine, agriculture, art, archaeology, pharmacology, and research-based laboratories.
This type uses fluorescence to illuminate the blotting membrane, detect signals, capture images, and provide analysis. This makes it extremely useful in experiments that focus on imaging and detecting multiple fluorescent signals or that focus on detecting colorimetric, luminescent, and radioisotopic signals.
This type, primarily used in western blotting, focuses on separating protein based on their molecular weights. This specific application is popular because it is highly sensitive and often used with techniques that offer improved speed, signal stability, and ease of use.
Despite the diversity in types, the Excedr lease program is able to source all instrument types and can accommodate any brand preferences your end-user might have. Request an estimate today and see how leasing can discount your gel imaging systems’ price.
This is a variation of the multiplex type offering high sensitivity and precise quantitation for radioisotopes as well as a variety of options regarding emission filters and even filters that are dye specific.
The digital types have become increasingly common, as the increased functionality and ease of use make them very beneficial. This combined with the ability to operate the system using a PC or Mac allows them to simplify data acquisition and analysis.
This type enhances sensitivity for multiplex applications as well as radioisotopes. This, similarly to laser type, offers flexibility in choice regarding filters, even offering customizable options.
Whatever features, make, or brand you need we can lease it to you. Your laboratory deserves the best devices for the research that needs to get done, and you deserve to save time and money. Don’t waste your money buying outright when enrolling in our rental program can save you money.
We Offer Gel Documentation System Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
Gel Imaging System Manufacturers & Models on the Market
- Thermo Fisher: E-Gel Imager, iBright Imaging Systems, iBlot 2 Dry Blotting System, iBright FL1000, iBright CL1000
- Azure Biosystems: c300, c400, c500, c600, c280, Sapphire Biomolecular Imager, c200
- LI-COR: C-DiGit Blot Scanner, Odyssey CLx Imaging System, Odyssey Fc Imaging System
- Bio-Rad: ChemiDoc MP Imaging System, ChemiDoc MP V3 Western Workflow, ChemiDoc Imaging System, Mini Trans-Blot Cell, Criterion Blotter, Trans-Blot Cell, Trans-Blot Plus Cell, V3 Western Workflow, ChemiDoc MP Imaging System, ChemiDoc System, Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System, ChemiDoc XRS+System, GS-900 Calibrated Densitometer
- UVItec Limited: Alliance Q9 Mini, Alliance Q9 Advanced, Alliance Q9 Touch
- Analytik Jena: UVP ChemStudio Series, UVP ChemSudio PLUS, UVP ChemStudio, UVP ChemStudio touch, UPV ChemStudio Plus touch, UVP ChemStudio SA2, UVP ChemStudio PLUS Automated, UVP ChemStudio PLUS motorized
- Syngene: GeneGnome XRQ, G:BOX mini 6, G:BOX mini 9, G:BOX Chemi XX6, G:BOX Chemi XX9, G:Box Chemi XRQ
- ProteinSimple: FlourChem Systems, FlourChem E, FlourChem HD2, FlourChem FC3, FlourChem R, FlourChem M, FlourChemQ, Alphalmager HP System, Simple Western Systems, Jess, Wes, Sally Sue, Peggy Sue, NanoPro 10000, Milo
- GE Healthcare: Amersham Imager 680, Amersham Typhoon, Amersham Imager 600, ImageQuant LAS 500, ImageQuant LAS 500 & IQTL, Amersham Typhoon NIR, ImageQuant LAS 4000 Series
- Vilber: Fusion FX Spectra, Fusion FX, Fusion Solo S
- NextAdvance: BlotBot Blot Processor, BlotBot 120, BlotBot 240, Celvin Chemiluminescence Imaging System, Celbin S 830, Celvin S 420, Celvin S 160, Celvin S 320
- GEL Company: Omega Lum W Imaging System 81-12120-00, Omega Lum G Imaging System 81-12100-00, Omega Lum C Imaging System 81-12110-00, Omega Fluor Gel Documentation System, 365 nm 81-12530-00
- and more!
Whether you’re looking to lease an autoclave or leaseback a gel doc system, we can help. Call us at (510) 982-6552 or complete the contact form to the right to discuss the specifications for the equipment you would like to lease.
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.